- Work alongside NGO workers for the development of women's position in society
- Live in the picturesque town of Rabat
- Experience the amalgamation of Arabic, French and Berber culture
- Weekend trips to some of the gorgeous cities around Rabat; such as Marrakech, Fez, etc
- Get to know more about the Moroccan way of life and their culture
- Savor the tastes of authentic cuisine while living in the country for a considerable period of time
Have you always dreamt of doing something meaningful for underprivileged women in developing countries, in order to provide them a better life? Then here is your chance to make a difference. Make the most of your gap year by being a volunteer for the Women Empowerment Project in Morocco. GoDiscoverAbroad, in collaboration with some of the best NGOs in the country, aims to provide support and assistance to the women who live in poverty and are abused in their day to day lives. There is a dire need to bring a change to the gender equation that currently exists in the country. You, as a volunteer, can play an important role in changing lives of these underprivileged women.
Having a volunteering experience during your gap year adventure abroad will make you stand ahead of your peers. It'll definitely add some brownie points to your CV and your contributions will be appreciated in the days ahead.
- As a volunteer, you'll have to assist the NGO staff in their daily work.
- You'll have to provide support in all kinds of IT related work, such as website update, social media, typing and maintaining of records.
- Spend time with the women and listen to their problems. Try to find out solutions and help them in whichever way you can.
- Provide vocational training to the women, such as sewing, painting, cooking, computer training etc., so that they can find a source of income for themselves.
- Boost their confidence and motivate them to become independent.
- Teach English, as it'll improve their communication skills.
- Provide proper nutritional guidance and also organize sessions around health & hygiene.
Note: The minimum duration to be a part of this project is 4 weeks.
- Explore the city of Rabat, which has an array of places and sights to surprise you! Visit the Chellah, the Hassan Tower And Tomb and other monuments that have an Arabic touch to them.
- You can also explore the Rabat Zoo, that was opened in 2012 and has a huge variety of species.
- If you are a beach lover, then you must head to Kenitra, a town very close to Rabat by train, and one famous for its surfing.
- You can also go for exploring the popular Moroccan cities such as Marrakech and Casablanca.
Dates & Cost
- 24/7 Assistance and support from staff
- Comprehensive Pre- Departure Information
- Pick up from the Rabat International Airport or Rabat Ville Train Station and transfer to accommodation
- Accommodation & Food
- International/Domestic Airfare
- Visa fees
- Travel & Medical Insurance (Available at an extra cost)
- Entry fees at monuments
- Local transportation to and fro program location
- Departure transfer to airport (can be arranged at nominal cost)
- Any personal expenses