- Interact and enhance local communities interest in wildlife conservation and assist in ongoing efforts in conservation initiatives.
- Live it up in your own private lodge in the heart of South Africa’s famous Big 5 Greater Kruger Area.
- Explore the Blyde Canyon or take a trip down the awe inspiring Panorama route and make the most of your time in South Africa.
- Play a pivotal part in maintaining conservation database with your snaps out in the wild.
- Learn the ropes of awesome photography from a professional photographer and test out your shooting in the African Bush.
- Camp out in the bush beneath the stars regularly and immerse yourself in the real South Africa.
All you shutterbugs, now is your chance to get behind the scenes of amazing wildlife photography! See for yourself what goes into making all of those jaw-dropping candid wild shots. Come, walk through the wilderness of South Africa with us and hone in on your flair for photography.
Based in the amazing Greater Kruger Area of South Africa, go click crazy at the sights of the Big 5 and some ‘Awe-mazing’ scenery. Along with your photo walks, start spreading word about the much vital topic of wildlife conservation. Literally, there’s no place better on Earth to get some authentic wildlife experiences and clicks!
Roles and Responsibilities
Are you all charged to live amongst the wildlife and click away at them? Then let’s quickly scroll through the work you’re gonna be engrossed in during your volunteering term in South Africa with us.
- Learn the ropes of great photography from workshop with our professional photographer. Your assignments will be about capturing frames, colors, movement, portraits and much more.
- Get up and out from behind the lens, it’s time to take up a shovel! There’s much conservation groundwork that needs your contribution like creating water holes, removing alien plants, conducting snare sweeps etc.
- You will spend afternoons editing your pictures and making them perfect because the best one of yours will be entering into a cover photo competition at the end of the photo workshop.
What you can do in your free time?
- Take a ride through the Panorama route and enjoy the sights of the world’s third largest canyon,! You can also see the three Rondavels, explore African curios markets, admire the circular sculptures of Bourke’s Luck canyon and much more!
- Get galloping around the legendary African bush and explore it all on horseback. Enjoy a leisurely ride, no matter if you’re a novice or an expert, our friendly horses accommodate anyone and lets everyone in on the fun!
- Awaken your senses to things you have never felt before and take a walk in the bush. Spend the night camping in Klaserie, enjoy an authentic Braai from the kitchen of a Braai master and enjoy a night under the stars.
- Put on those walking shoes and explore the Blyde River Canyon on foot! Get your adrenaline pumping with some extreme hiking making your way down a small gorge and taking a plunge into a pool of pristine spring water.
- You have got to be at least 16 years of age or older at the time of joining the project.
- Basic skills in photography are helpful but not necessary as this project has been designed for all level- from starters to experts.
- You should have a good understanding of English overall.
- A genuine interest in photography and African wildlife is essential.
- Basic level of computer literacy as you’ll be trained to make edits by yourself in the lightroom.
- Acquiring a police record check certificate is a MUST for joining in any of the volunteering projects with GDA.
Your volunteering stay is going to be equally exciting as your work during your volunteering term. Your volunteering house is located at our base in the Greater Kruger Area, and the area is roamed by animals like impala, bush pig, nyala and a great diversity of birdlife. So you see what I am talking about!
You will be staying in the Dumela Lodge, a spacious thatched lodge situated on 18 hectares of land. The lodge boasts of a huge swimming pool, and a huge open area to dine, drink and socialize! Of, and have we told you that the 18 hectares itself, all of it is inside a private reserve surrounded by wilderness which includes the occasional walk-bys of the Leopard even!
Sitting right at the heart of South Africa’s famous Big 5 Greater Kruger Area, the world-renowned Kruger National Park is just 45 minutes away from your volunteer home. So, let’s just say your weekends are sorted as well!
Have some open time on your hands? Take a trip down to the nearest town, that is Hoedspruit and spend it relaxing with some ice cream! We also conduct weekly trips into the Town on Fridays!
Dates & Cost
|Programme option||Duration||Date of Departure||Price|
|Wildlife Photography & Conservation Project, South Africa||15th Jul, 2018||$3,875£3,100€3,100$5,038₹259,625|
|Wildlife Photography & Conservation Project, South Africa||12th Aug, 2018||$3,875£3,100€3,100$5,038₹259,625|
|Wildlife Photography & Conservation Project, South Africa||09th Sep, 2018||$3,875£3,100€3,100$5,038₹259,625|
|Wildlife Photography & Conservation Project, South Africa||07th Oct, 2018||$3,875£3,100€3,100$5,038₹259,625|
|Wildlife Photography & Conservation Project, South Africa||04th Nov, 2018||$3,875£3,100€3,100$5,038₹259,625|
|Wildlife Photography & Conservation Project, South Africa||02nd Dec, 2018||$3,875£3,100€3,100$5,038₹259,625|
|Wildlife Photography & Conservation Project, South Africa||30th Dec, 2018||$3,875£3,100€3,100$5,038₹259,625|
- Comprehensive Pre-Departure Info
- 24/7 assistance from our in-country support team.
- Program and country orientation
- Accommodation in Volunteer house
- Airport transfers on arrival and departure
- Daily transport to project sites
- Full-time housekeeping service
- Photography game drive
- 3 meals a day from the kitchen of our great chefs (Mon-Fri)
- International/Domestic Airfare
- Visa Fees
- Insurance expenses (can be purchased from us at minimal cost)
- Weekend activities are not inclusive and come at an extra cost
- Cost of Vaccinations