- Excellent opportunity for you to live amidst nature and work for the welfare of birds and animals.
- Enjoy the richness of the biodiversity and explore the Amazon Rainforests.
- Explore the vast stretches of golden sandy beaches and the picturesque sunsets.
- Opt for adventure trips to Arenal Volcano and explore several other eco-reserves.
- Immerse yourself in the Costa Rican culture and live life to the fullest, like a true 'Tico'!
Are you all set for your adventurous journey in Costa Rica? Considered as one of the safest and stunning Central American destinations, this tiny country hosts 5% of the world's biodiversity, including more than 200 species of mammals and around 800 species of birds. A perfect program for all animal lovers opting for a gap year abroad, this wildlife conservation and rescue center volunteering will let you stay close to nature and spend your days with animals and birds in a unique manner. Apart from gaining enriching experience, you'll also get to know more about their culture, festivals, traditions, and lifestyle. Learn the Spanish language while volunteering in Costa Rica and savor the delicious local cuisine.
As a volunteer, you'll have to mainly work with animal victims of repossession, loss of habitat and accidents from all corners of the country who are brought in by local officials. Once their conditions revive and they are in good health, they'll be released back into their natural habitat. Your main roles and responsibilities are:
- Work with the staff as they take care of the injured animals.
- Look after the animals, prepare food for them and feed them whenever needed.
- Cleaning the animals sheds as well as the entire green area.
- Maintain the ecological balance of the area.
Note: Your tasks may vary on a daily basis.
- If you are a beach lover, then you'll absolutely love exploring the beaches on the weekends.
- Try out different water sports or just go for a sunset cruise, and savor the taste of the cuisine at the beachside shacks.
- A treat for animal lovers would be to explore different national parks including Tortuguero National Park, The Corcovado National Park, and Manuel Antonio National Park.
- For adventure junkies, there are a lot of options including zip-lining through forests and cave explorations.
Dates & Cost
- 24/7 Assistance and support from VS Staff
- Comprehensive Pre- Departure Information
- Pickup from San Jose International Airport and transfer to accommodation
- Orientation on arrival
- Accommodation at Pacific/ Caribbean Coast
- Internet access at local office
- International Airfare
- Visa fee
- Airport taxes
- Local Transportation
- Any personal expenses
- Return Airport Drop