- Work alongside NGO workers for the development of the underprivileged Moroccan society
- Get first-hand work experience and boost your CV/ Resume
- Live in the picturesque town of Rabat
- Experience the amalgamation of Arabic, French and Berber culture
- Weekend trips to some of the gorgeous cities around Rabat; such as Marrakech, Fez, etc
- Get to know more about the Moroccan way of life and their culture
- Savor the tastes of authentic cuisine while living in the country for a considerable period of time
You don't need to have any special skills to make a difference in someone else's life - all you need is the mindset to do something worthy of others. If you are planning to take a gap year and travel, then why not join a volunteering project abroad and do something to help others? GoDiscoverAbroad, in collaboration with some local Moroccan NGOs, aims to bring a sustainable development with respect to human rights issues, education, childcare issues, government accountability etc. No matter how small a step you take, it'll undoubtedly make a big impact in the society and towards the lives of the underprivileged ones. Being a volunteer, you'll be providing a significant input in shaping the lives of weaker sections of the Moroccan population.
You need to understand that being a part of the NGO Support Program requires a lot of dedication and a certain sense of responsibility. You're going to get engaged in some sort of serious work which will eventually affect other lives.
- As a volunteer, your main role would be to assist the NGO workers, help them in their project planning, provide them with adequate support for managerial work etc.
- You'll also have to plan community events regards human rights issues, health care issues, and other matters of social concern.
- You'll have to provide support in all kinds of IT related work, such as website update, social media, typing and maintaining of records.
- Guide the NGO workers so that they can work more effectively and there's a notable change in the society.
- Explore the city of Rabat, which has an array of places and sights to surprise you! Visit the Chellah, the Hassan Tower And Tomb and other monuments that have an Arabic touch to them.
- You can also explore the Rabat Zoo, that was opened in 2012 and has a huge variety of species.
- If you are a beach lover, then you must head to Kenitra, a town very close to Rabat by train, and one famous for its surfing.
- You can also go for exploring the popular Moroccan cities such as Marrakech and Casablanca.
Dates & Cost
- 24/7 Assistance and support from staff
- Comprehensive Pre- Departure Information
- Pick up from the Rabat International Airport or Rabat Ville Train Station and transfer to accommodation
- Accommodation & Food
- International/Domestic Airfare
- Visa fees
- Travel & Medical Insurance (Available at an extra cost)
- Entry fees at monuments
- Local transportation to and fro program location
- Departure transfer to airport (can be arranged at nominal cost)
- Any personal expenses