- Live in Cusco and work in a daycare center, teaching and playing with cute little kids and make a positive difference in the lives.
- Explore the UNESCO World Heritage Sites including Machu Picchu and the Sacred Valley.
- Tickle your adventure cells and go for a hike at the Rainbow Mountains.
- Walk through the forest trails of the Amazon Rainforests and spot some endangered species.
- Experience the richness of the Peruvian culture and lifestyle while living with the locals.
- Learn the Spanish language, some salsa moves as well as cook delicious dishes like the Ceviche!
All set to head towards the mysterious land of the Incas and experience the best phase of your life? Go Discover Abroad has a perfect program for all the Gap Year travelers who wish to explore the enchanting city of Cusco while serving little kids at a daycare center. You'll get to make the best use of your creative skills as well as test your patience and perseverance. Walk down the lanes of the Heritage City and feel the warm vibes that the natives keep spreading. Live like a Peruvian with your hosts and immerse yourself in their culture and lifestyle. Experience the best that Peru has to offer while making a meaningful difference.
- You will be working with kids between the age of 6 months to 4 years. The majority of the kids are between 1 to 2 years old. Hence, you need to be extremely patient and loving while dealing with them.
- Drench the kids with utmost love and care. Most of the kids coming to these centers have single mothers, and 95% of them come from very difficult backgrounds. Hence, they don't receive the adequate attention that they need during this phase of life.
- Use your creativity to keep them engaged in some sort of activities, that'll help them to learn basic lessons as well, like numbers and alphabets.
- You can also take the initiative to renovate the center and all more vibrancy to the place.
- Assist the staff in managerial work, as and when required.
- To say the least, you'll surely explore the ruins of the Inca civilization at Machu Picchu, which is one of the most popular UNESCO Heritage Sites.
- A city tour of Cusco city will be absolutely worthy, as the architectural grandeur of the city will leave you mesmerized.
- Take a tour of the Sacred Valley, explore the beauty of Pisaq as well as the Ollantaytambo ruins.
- Go for a hike in the Rainbow Mountains.
- Explore the Amazon Rainforests and go for a jungle trek to satiate your adventurous soul.
Dates & Cost
- 24/7 Assistance and support from VS Staff
- Comprehensive Pre- Departure Information
- Airport Pickup
- Meals on weekdays
- Insurance (Provided at an extra cost)
- International Airfare
- Airport drop (available for an extra cost)
- Local Transportation
- Any personal expenses