- Live in Cusco and work in a daycare center, teaching and playing with cute little kids and make a positive difference in the lives.
- Explore the UNESCO World Heritage Sites including Machu Picchu and the Sacred Valley.
- Tickle your adventure cells and go for a hike at the Rainbow Mountains.
- Walk through the forest trails of the Amazon Rainforests and spot some endangered species.
- Experience the richness of the Peruvian culture and lifestyle while living with the locals.
- Learn the Spanish language, some salsa moves as well as cook delicious dishes like the Ceviche!
All set to head towards the mysterious land of the Incas and experience the best phase of your life? Go Discover Abroad has a perfect program for all the Gap Year travelers who wish to explore the enchanting city of Cusco while serving little kids at a daycare center. You'll get to make the best use of your creative skills as well as test your patience and perseverance. Walk down the lanes of the Heritage City and feel the warm vibes that the natives keep spreading. Live like a Peruvian with your hosts and immerse yourself in their culture and lifestyle. Experience the best that Peru has to offer while making a meaningful difference.
- You will be working with kids between the age of 6 months to 4 years. The majority of the kids are between 1 to 2 years old. Hence, you need to be extremely patient and loving while dealing with them.
- Drench the kids with utmost love and care. Most of the kids coming to these centers have single mothers, and 95% of them come from very difficult backgrounds. Hence, they don't receive the adequate attention that they need during this phase of life.
- Use your creativity to keep them engaged in some sort of activities, that'll help them to learn basic lessons as well, like numbers and alphabets.
- You can also take the initiative to renovate the center and all more vibrancy to the place.
- Assist the staff in managerial work, as and when required.
- To say the least, you'll surely explore the ruins of the Inca civilization at Machu Picchu, which is one of the most popular UNESCO Heritage Sites.
- A city tour of Cusco city will be absolutely worthy, as the architectural grandeur of the city will leave you mesmerized.
- Take a tour of the Sacred Valley, explore the beauty of Pisaq as well as the Ollantaytambo ruins.
- Go for a hike in the Rainbow Mountains.
- Explore the Amazon Rainforests and go for a jungle trek to satiate your adventurous soul.
Dates & Cost
Accommodation - Simple hotels or guesthouse (twin-share) (11 nts), sleeper train (1 nt), homestay (2 nt).
A variety of styles of hotels/guest houses are used in India. These can vary in terms of service, efficiency and cleanliness. In many instances they might not be like what you are used to back home. Power cuts can and are a regular occurrence in many places, especially throughout North and Central India. Although a number of hotels have generators there may be times when these won’t work. It is also recommended when you are in your room to lock the door, as staff will sometime enter without reason.
Meals Included - 1 lunch
Eating is a big part of traveling. Travelling with Go Discover Abroad you experience the vast array of wonderful food that is available out in the world. Generally meals are not included in the trip price when there is a choice of eating options, to give you the maximum flexibility in deciding where, what and with whom to eat. It also gives you more budgeting flexibility, though generally food is cheap. Our groups tend to eat together to enable you to taste a larger variety of dishes and enjoy each other's company. There is no obligation to do this though. Your CEO will be able to suggest favourite restaurants during your trip. Vegetarians will be able to find a huge range of different foods - India is vegetarian heaven. For all trips please refer to the meals included and budget information for included meals and meal budgets.