Trip HighlightsTrip code: VAVFZ
- Bring the joy of sports and games to disadvantaged kids in Zambia.
- Recycle like you mean business and help us create Eco-buildings in Zambia.
- Explore the fantastic Mosi-ao-Tunya National Park teeming with elephants, rhinos, baboons, vervet monkeys and a variety of other African wildlife.
- Educate and empower the local communities and immerse yourself in Zambian traditions and culture.
- Live it up in the vibrant town of Livingstone with its mix of bars, coffee shops and restaurants!
- Adventure junkies, prepare to pull out all the stops to conquer The mighty Zambezi River and the colossal Victoria Falls.
Get your groove on and take a walk along the off the beaten path with us in Africa. The wildlife continent has much to offer and for those of you looking to have an adventure out in the wild, look no further for you have arrived into the future of adventure travel!
Zambia with its wondrous Victoria Falls and Zambezi River will keep you enchanted. But this project is about looking beyond the rose-colored glasses. A large portion of children still lacks access to basic education in Zambia. And It’s you who we want to bring a dynamic impact by creating interactive school clubs and providing these children with positive influence. This voluntouring project could be the perfect place for you to get your creative juices flowing and for making a difference in the lives of a few disadvantaged kids in Victoria Falls, Zambia!
Roles and Responsibilities
- As a volunteer, you will partake in the on-going building projects with the community and the local schools.
- A huge demographic of kids have no safe means for outdoor activities and there’s a lack of sports-related activities in the schools as well. So what would be better than using your talents as a sportsperson than passing on your training to these kids!
- Our after-school clubs provide the local children with a safe space for learning and exploring new things. Bring out the storyteller in you at the book club or explore the hidden artist at the Art club and make learning fun for these kids!
- As a part of a sustainable movement, we work with the local sustainable farming programs. You will be assisting farmers in preparing the land, planting, watering, weeding, and harvesting.
- If you have been a granddaddy’s girl or your grandmama’s boy, which basically all of us are, you all are going to have a superlative time at the Maramba old people’s home. There, you’ll be spending time with the seniors and exchanging their humbling, heartwarming experiences.
What you can do in your free time?
- Just across the river from our Victoria Falls project awaits an opportunity for you to walk with Lions. It is home to 4 of our other Lions in early development stage and they love people coming over to pay a visit!
- Zambia has a boatload of adventure activities to offer. You can go for a bungee jump, gorge swing, white water rafting or even a swim in the Devil’s Pool.
- The Mosi-ao-Tunya National Park is literally at the doorstep of our project location and has its own share of activities. Both the walking safari and the game drive at the park are things that should be on your Must-Do list in Zambia.
- Experience the awe-inducing Victoria Falls mid air. Take a microlight flight over the Falls and soak in the humongous magnificence!
- Make a memorable weekend trip out of your visit to the Chobe National Park.
- Uncover the real Zambia on your volunteering adventure by taking a cycle tour through the villages of Livingstone.
- Spend an entire afternoon exploring all things Zambia, followed by a very delish local lunch (mind it, no cutlery!). End the trip with a bang by joining in for a traditional drumming, dance and song session.
- A walking safari experience is truly one of a kind and spotting the magnificent and endangered white rhino is truly going to be a highlight of your travels in Africa.
Dates & Cost
- Comprehensive Pre-Departure Info
- 24/7 assistance from our in-country support team.
- Program and country orientation
- Accommodation in Volunteer house
- Airport transfers on arrival and departure
- Daily transport to project sites
- Full time housekeeping service.
- Walk with the Lions, Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe
- Cycle tour
- Village walk and cooking class
- Cultural afternoon with the local team
- Walking Rhino safari
- 3 meals a day from the kitchen of our great chefs.
- International/Domestic Airfare
- Visa Fees
- Insurance expenses (can be purchased from us at minimal cost)
- Weekend activities are non-inclusive and come at an extra cost
- Cost of Vaccinations