Trip HighlightsTrip code: TCVPCR
- Explore the vast stretches of golden sandy beaches and the picturesque sunsets.
- Volunteer for the sea turtles along Costa Rica’s coastline and gain international work experience.
- Opt for adventure trips to Arenal Volcano and explore several other eco-reserves.
- Immerse yourself in the Costa Rican culture and live life to the fullest, like a true 'Tico'!
- Meet people from different parts of the world and widen your social network.
Excited to travel to Costa Rica and make your gap year more meaningful? A perfect program for animal lovers, you'll get to spend your time looking after the endangered sea turtle species (including the Leatherback, Pacific Olive Ridley, and Green Sea turtles) at the beaches, saving their nests from the poachers and keeping their natural habitat clean. Not only will you gain valuable experience, but you'll also get to adopt the traits of a responsible traveler. Spend your time learning the Spanish language and explore the richness of the Costa Rican culture. It'll be truly amazing to experience "Pura Vida" - meaning "pure life" in Spanish, that's like the mantra for the natives!
Roles and Responsibilities
- You have to be ecologically sensitive and enthusiastic enough to learn. Your main role will be to protect turtle nests from human poachers and manage sustainable egg-harvesting programs.
- Keep monitoring the baby turtles after the eggs hatch.
- Assess the health of turtles and liberate them in case they are fit enough to survive on their own.
- Patrol the beaches and clean them at regular intervals, or whenever you see a garbage.
- Separation of wastes like plastic bottles, cardboards, glass etc.
What you can do in your free time?
- If you are a beach lover, then you'll absolutely love exploring the beaches on the weekends.
- Try out different water sports or just go for a sunset cruise, and savor the taste of the cuisine at the beachside shacks.
- A treat for animal lovers would be to explore different national parks including Tortuguero National Park, The Corcovado National Park, and Manuel Antonio National Park.
- For adventure junkies, there are a lot of options including zip-lining through forests and cave explorations.
Dates & Cost
- 24/7 Assistance and support from VS Staff
- Comprehensive Pre- Departure Information
- Pickup from San Jose International Airport and transfer to accommodation
- Orientation on arrival
- Accommodation at Pacific/ Caribbean Coast
- Internet access at local office
- International Airfare
- Visa fee
- Airport taxes
- Local Transportation
- Any personal expenses
- Return Airport Drop