Trip HighlightsTrip code: TYDSA
- Uplift communities and help keep the youth off the street through literacy and numeracy.
- Explore the melting pot of Capetonian cultures by visiting local markets and restaurants.
- Tame the wilderness of South Africa with outdoor activities like Canoeing and hiking.
- Throw your hands up in the air and set off on a journey of a lifetime through the garden route, one of the most famed drives in the world!
- Conquer the highest bungee jump bridge in the world The Bloukran Bridge, standing at a whopping height of 709ft.
- Run after-school programs working with disadvantaged and vulnerable children in the community
Feast your eyes on the legendary scenic wonders and lose yourself in the wildlife extravagance of South Africa. And if the traveler in you hungers for diversity, Cape Town will surely lift your spirit! With its strong heritage and vibrant Capetonian culture, you’re in for a travel treat! On the top of that, this coastal city also has some of the best-hidden beaches in the world, all lying in wait for you to live it up on their shores.
Explore the townships of Khayelitsha and Philippi as a volunteer and help uplift the community through education and development work. Educational resources are also almost absent for the disadvantaged kids and the issue is lost amongst many parallels like unemployment, poverty, and HIV. If this gets your blood boiling, then this project is the perfect opportunity to make a difference. Empower children with education and physical recourse and help them build a bright future for themselves.
Roles and Responsibilities
If you’re all set to become a change agent for education in South Africa, let us take you through the breadth of activities and volunteer work that you’ll be engaged with.
- We have partnered with many pre-schools and educare centers in Cape Town. As our volunteers you’ll be bringing your unique ideas into lesson planning, building interactive class routines and help these schools make great strides in education.
- After school care programs have become ever so important for the protection of Kids. As our volunteers, you’ll provide kids a fun and educational time beyond their school hours.
- If you want to broaden your horizon and your scope of impact in Africa you can add in an extra amount of goodness by choosing another project along with your girl impact project.
- Our projects range from teaching assistance, working with orphans and vulnerable children, and sports development along-with the girl impact project. You can choose anyone as your primary project and choose another on top of it to intensify your volunteering experience in South Africa.
What you can do in your free time?
- Make an exciting weekend out of the Peninsula tour and can simply drop by the Good Hope Nature Reserve, Hout Bay, Seal Island, Simons Town and more along the way!
- Work off your trotters and hike up the Table Mountain or simply sit back and relax on a cable car. See you at the top!
- Take up surfing lessons on the weekends and enjoy the amazing swells of Cape Town.
- Face off a shark in a cage deep down in the ocean and feel your heart thumping out of your chest!
- Get your adrenaline pumping with activities like Abseiling down the Table mountain, skydiving.
- Become a wine connoisseur and treat yourself to fine wines and warm hospitality at Constantia and Stellenbosch wine farms.
- Explore the world-renowned road stretch of Garden Route, South Africa.
Dates & Cost
- Comprehensive Pre-Departure Info
- 24/7 assistance from our in-country support team.
- Program and country orientation
- Accommodation in Volunteer house
- Airport transfers on arrival and departure
- Daily transport to project sites
- Full-time housekeeping service.
- 3 meals a day from the kitchen of our great chefs.
- International/Domestic Airfare
- Visa Fees
- Insurance expenses (can be purchased from us at minimal cost)
- Weekend activities are non-inclusive and comes at an extra cost
- Cost of Vaccinations