- Make a real difference to the lives of some of the world’s poorest children.
- Help with sports coaching sessions such as volleyball, football, netball, and rounders.
- Play football matches with/against the village team.
- Teach at the school and help the little ones learn meaningful lessons.
- Stay a lakeside volunteer house, with views of beautiful Lake Malawi.
- Feel part of the community and experience the hospitality and culture of the friendly community.
Malawi is one of the poorest countries in the world and being a volunteer here, you'll get to experience how difficult life can be for some people, who don't have access to the basic necessities. If you are looking for a perfect gap year program that'll enable you to make a difference in someone else's life, then the Teaching and Sports Development Program in Malawi can be an apt choice. You'll be closely working with the teachers and the coach, and assist them for a better future of the kids. It'll also help you to immerse yourself in the local culture and observe their life from a closer proximity.
- As a volunteer, your main role will be supporting the teachers by assisting them in one of the local primary schools.
- Volunteers usually deal with the curriculum subjects, including English, Maths, and Sciences.
- You may also have the opportunity to take adult education classes and provide necessary skills development to rural communities.
- For Sports Development, you will be working alongside the local team coach or games teacher (if there is one) and assist them with daily practices, drills, and exercises, etc.
- You'll also guide the children about basic health and hygiene as well as inform the parents about the nutritional requirements.
- If you have some particular skill that you think you can impart, you are most welcome to do it. If you have a particular sport in mind that you would like to coach, feel free and go ahead.
- Liwonde National Park is a popular safari destination where you can spend your weekend. Go for game viewing drives, boat rides on the Shire River and much more. Nature lovers can opt for a jungle trek as well.
- You can also head to the Cape Maclear which has a number of small tourist lodges, offering great snorkeling, kayaking, scuba diving and amazing food!
- Zomba Plateau is a good place for walking and enjoying the views, relaxing in the cooler climate, or horse riding for those who want to spend a quaint weekend.
Dates & Cost
- 24/7 Assistance and support from Staff
- Comprehensive Pre- Departure Information
- Airport Pickup at Lilongwe international airport
- Transport to and from the project
- Certificate of appreciation
- Meal - Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
- Accommodation at the volunteer house/ homestay
- Return Airfare
- Visa Fee
- Return Airport Drop (Can be arranged at extra cost)
- Travel & Medical Insurance (Available at an extra cost)
- Any other personal expenses