- Explore the bustling capital city of New Delhi
- Visit the famous monuments and UNESCO World Heritage Sites including Red Fort and Humayun's Tomb
- Savor the taste of the delicious street foods - try some lip-smacking 'chaat' and 'samosas'
- Spend some time with the adorable kids at a Street Children School and add some happiness to their lives
- Head towards the 'Monument of Love' - Taj Mahal, in Agra
- Explore the Pink City, Jaipur, during the weekends and witness the grandeur of Rajput architecture
In a developing country like India, where poverty is still a huge problem, hundreds and thousands of children live a neglected life on the streets. They suffer from the lack of the basic necessities of life and often end up becoming victims of adverse circumstances. According to a rough estimation, there are about 100 million kids in India who do not attend any school and spend most of their time on the streets. GoDiscoverAbroad aims to make a difference in the lives of these children with the help of enthusiastic millennials who wish to contribute effectively towards the lives of these kids, during their gap year.
Come and explore the authentic flavors of India, experience the lifestyle and culture and serve the society in the most meaningful manner.
Having a volunteering experience during your gap year adventure abroad will make you stand ahead of your peers. It'll definitely add some brownie points to your CV and your contributions will be appreciated in the days ahead.
- As a volunteer, you'll be working at shelter homes and street kids' schools where you'll have to look after the children.
- Play with them, make them aware about good & healthy habits, teach them basic lessons and most importantly, make them feel the love.
- You can use your creativity in adding some vibrancy to the centers and engage in renovation work along with your fellow mates.
- Also take the kids out for excursions to the zoo or museums in New Delhi (seek the permission from the coordinator).
- Explore the capital city of Delhi and visit the monuments that were built during the Mughal Rule, like Red Fort and Humayun's Tomb.
- Walk down the bustling markets and pick up souvenirs for your friends and family.
- Take the Golden Triangle Tour. Head towards Agra to see the Taj Mahal, and then to Jaipur.
- In case you are in love with the Himalayas, you can also visit popular hill stations like Shimla, Manali or Mcleod Ganj during the weekends.
Dates & Cost
- 24 hrs Assistance and support from staff
- Comprehensive Pre- Departure Information
- Pick up from the airport
- Food (2-3 times a day as mentioned in the itinerary)
- Accommodation at the volunteer house
- Travel & Medical Insurance (Available at an extra cost)
- International/Domestic Airfare
- Visa fees
- Travel insurance (available at nominal cost)
- Entry fees at monuments
- Local transportation to and fro program location
- Departure transfer to airport (can be arranged at nominal cost)
- Any personal expenses