- Bring your love for ‘All things sports’ and make a lasting impact on the lives of Zambian kids.
- Adventure junkies, prepare to pull out all the stops to conquer The mighty Zambezi River and the colossal Victoria Falls.
- Educate and empower the local communities and immerse yourself in Zambian traditions and culture.
- Teach valuable life skills to children and add a dynamic and creative approach in delivering the sports lessons.
- Live it up in the vibrant town of Livingstone with its mix of bars, coffee shops and restaurants!
- Explore the fantastic Mosi-ao-Tunya National Park teeming with elephants, rhinos, baboons, vervet monkeys and a variety of other African wildlife.
Rediscover the child in you, out in the wilderness with a throng of zealous and unconditionally happy kids at the heart of Africa. Zambia is full of natural wonders, amazing wildlife, vast open spaces and the home of ‘a smoke that thunders’, it is all set to take you on a roller coaster ride that you’ll throwback to, Forever!
Physical education is zilch, nowhere to be found in the school curriculums and it is high time to rehash the importance of sports in a child’s life in Zambia. So, we’re calling on spirited people to help make an impact. The little bundle of joys is eagerly waiting for you! Come join them as Volunteers in Zambia and work in a good dose of fun outdoor activities into their daily lives. Preach the importance of leading a healthy balanced lifestyle for these kids, and become a pro-health talker at the community schools!
Ready to embark on volunteer adventure in Zambia? Let’s take a quick look through the amazing work that you’ll be doing as a volunteer in Africa.
- Most of the mornings you’ll be heading out to join the kids at a variety of the local community schools and incentivize them for physical exercises and training through your fun and creative lessons.
- We have aligned ourselves with various community partners in Livingstone who have been working in their own ways to bring sports into the limelight! And as our volunteers you’ll be working with their experienced coaches in conducting open training sessions.
- We would love to accommodate your personal set of sports skills and work them into the project! The children are ever so passionate to try out new sports and learn about new physical activities.
- During school vacations, holiday clubs are run by volunteers in Zambia. It provides a safe space for the kids to catch up on the much-missed learning and physical exercise due to the Zambian ‘Hot-seating’ system.
- You will spend your afternoons helping the community by rotating between different projects that are available in Livingstone. It’s a great way to experience the real Zambia and get exposed to the local way of life!
- Just across the river from our Victoria Falls project awaits an opportunity for you to walk with Lions. It is home to 4 of our other Lions in early development stage and they love people coming over to pay a visit!
- Zambia has a boatload of adventure activities to offer. You can go for a bungee jump, gorge swing, white water rafting or even a swim in the Devil’s Pool.
- The Mosi-ao-Tunya National Park is literally at the doorstep of our project location and has its own share of activities. Both the walking safari and the game drive at the park are things that should be on your Must-Do list in Zambia.
- Experience the awe-inducing Victoria Falls mid-air. Take a microlight flight over the Falls and soak in the humongous magnificence!
- Make a memorable weekend trip out of your visit to the Chobe National Park.
- Uncover the real Zambia on your volunteering adventure by taking a cycle tour through the villages of Livingstone.
- Spend an entire afternoon exploring all things Zambia, followed by a very delish local lunch (mind it, no cutlery!). End the trip with a bang by joining in for a traditional drumming, dance and song session.
- A walking safari experience is truly one of a kind and spotting the magnificent and endangered white rhino is truly going to be a highlight of your travels in Africa.
Dates & Cost
Accommodation - Simple hotels or guesthouse (twin-share) (11 nts), sleeper train (1 nt), homestay (2 nt).
A variety of styles of hotels/guest houses are used in India. These can vary in terms of service, efficiency and cleanliness. In many instances they might not be like what you are used to back home. Power cuts can and are a regular occurrence in many places, especially throughout North and Central India. Although a number of hotels have generators there may be times when these won’t work. It is also recommended when you are in your room to lock the door, as staff will sometime enter without reason.
Meals Included - 1 lunch
Eating is a big part of traveling. Travelling with Go Discover Abroad you experience the vast array of wonderful food that is available out in the world. Generally meals are not included in the trip price when there is a choice of eating options, to give you the maximum flexibility in deciding where, what and with whom to eat. It also gives you more budgeting flexibility, though generally food is cheap. Our groups tend to eat together to enable you to taste a larger variety of dishes and enjoy each other's company. There is no obligation to do this though. Your CEO will be able to suggest favourite restaurants during your trip. Vegetarians will be able to find a huge range of different foods - India is vegetarian heaven. For all trips please refer to the meals included and budget information for included meals and meal budgets.