Trip HighlightsTrip code: SDPSA
- Get a chance to live in the gorgeous coastal city surrounded by the Table Mountains, overlooking the Atlantic Ocean
- An incredible opportunity to make the best use of your skills and ideas
- Make a difference to the lives of the children and teach them some valuable lessons about health and fitness
- Explore the best of South Africa
- Make friends out of strangers
Are you a sports freak and dream of becoming a coach someday?! Oh well, we guess we have a perfect program for you to fulfill your dreams while helping the little ones belonging to the underprivileged sections of the South African society. These kids have the talent but due to oppressive circumstances, they often miss out getting the adequate support that they need.
Located in the picturesque destination of Cape Town, the Sports Development Project is meant for enthusiastic millennials who are looking for a suitable volunteering program with children. And who knows, you might just end up coaching a world class player for the future!
Roles and Responsibilities
As the name suggests, the main focus of this program will be to encourage the children to become more active and drive their physical fitness. Your main roles and responsibilities under the Sports Development project will be:
- Conducting physical education classes during the school hours.
- Bringing creative ideas and motivating the children through sports and personal fitness regimes.
- Share ideas with the sports instructors in school and help put together stimulating games, drills, and lessons for primary school children from all grades.
- Encourage children more about sports like volleyball, basketball, cricket, and football, so that they may dream of a future in that line.
- Make them aware of the importance of good health.
These are the tasks that you'll have to perform during the school hours, that'll span over the first half of your weekdays. For the rest of the day (post-lunch), you choose to volunteer for any of the following projects and serve the society. These projects have been aptly named as the After School Care Projects, which include Teaching, working with Orphans and Vulnerable children as well as Girl Impact Projects.
You’ll have to focus on helping the underprivileged children in their process of education. Guide them while they do the homework assigned by the school, teach them basic English, Maths and General Knowledge lessons, and help them in extra-curricular activities like art and crafts, painting, music etc.
Girl Impact Project
Your main role will be to guide the women about education, health and safety. Women from the poorer societies need a little guidance to live a better life, hence you can provide them with some sort of vocational training that would help them immensely.
Orphan and Vulnerable Child Care Project
You’ll have to provide care to the kids who have fallen victims of fate and need much love and care for a normal growth. Your invaluable support towards the foster care centers will mean a lot to the kids as well as the staff who have dedicated their lives for the service of these little ones.
What you can do in your free time?
If you love to spend time on the beaches, then how about taking some surfing lessons on the weekend? South Africa is a paradise for thrill seekers and nature lovers, and you might just fall short of time, as there's so much to do!
- If you love to trek and wish to see a view of the city from the top, then what can be better than Table Mountain hiking!
- You can also try out scuba diving, or just stretch your limits and experience the thrill of Shark Cave Dive.
- Go for the Cape Point Peninsula Tour and pay a visit to the penguins at Boulders Beach.
- South Africa has some of the most popular wildlife zones in the world. Of course, you can't miss going on a wildlife safari and spotting the lioness with her cubs!
- Try out Bungee Jumping from the world's highest bungee bridge at Bloukrans Bridge!
- If you are a wine connoisseur, then you must try the wine tasting tours and visit all the popular wineries.
Dates & Cost
- Comprehensive Pre-Departure Guidebook
- 24/7 assistance from the in-country support team
- Program and country orientation
- Accommodation in Volunteer house
- Airport transfers on arrival and departure
- Daily transport to project sites
- Full-time housekeeping service
- 3 meals per day as mentioned in Pre-Departure Guidebook (Mon-Fri)
- International/Domestic Airfare
- Visa Fees
- Insurance expenses (can be purchased from us at minimal cost)
- Weekend excursions are non-inclusive and come at an extra cost
- Cost of Vaccinations