- Spend time in a friendly neighborhood while living with Ecuadorian hosts in Quito.
- Learn Spanish language and get a fluent grip on it.
- Available for a duration of 1 to 4 weeks.
- Be a part of the Quito Experience Programs* which include walking tours, tasting tours, market visits, museum visits, etc.
- Immerse yourself in the Ecuadorian culture, get a hang of their lifestyle and make your gap year meaningful.
- Attend salsa classes!
- Visit the UNESCO World Heritage Sites of Ecuador
- Take a trip to the amazing archipelago of Galapagos to experience a beachside retreat
- Meet people from other parts of the world and broaden your social network.
Are you a gap year traveler planning to spend some time in Ecuador? Then you must think of learning Spanish and boost your CV further! Learning a foreign language while living with the natives has its own charm and you can pick up the language faster since you'll have the scope of communicating with the locals in Spanish. In case you are all up and excited about the Spanish Learning Program, then what are you waiting for? Start planning your gap year trip to Quito and you can also club your skill development course with that of a volunteering experience.
Spanish is one such language that is widely spoken all over the world and knowing the language will surely help you ahead in your career. Not just that, but studying Spanish is a necessity if you are planning on traveling and/or volunteering in Ecuador during your gap year abroad, as it will enhance the experience you will have in the country while interacting with its people.
The course is designed to focus on the development of communication skills (Speaking, Listening, Writing and Reading). The teachers have an immensely rich educational background and over 8 years of teaching experience, enabling them to teach classes for all levels and types of students. All of the educational materials provided for our students free of charge (grammar books, workbooks, audiovisual exercises, etc.) were developed by the teachers themselves.
The Spanish Language Learning School is located in a beautiful building in the middle of the Mariscal area, Quito. Upstairs and outside there are several different classrooms that can accommodate both group and private lessons. There is also a common area, where you will find comfortable couches, a Ping-Pong table, and freshly-made coffee. Outside you will find a lemon tree that attracts many hummingbirds.
*Note: The fee also includes participation in our Experience Programs during your free time. These tours doesn’t have any fixed schedule, and are planned whenever convenient for all.
- Explore the city of Quito that has immense historical importance. Once a site where the Incas lived, Quito Old Town will surely take you back in time.
- You can also go for exploring the Amazon Rainforests and indulge in some adventure activities.
- Go for exploring Cotopaxi volcano and Pichincha, Antisana, and Cayambe volcanoes that make the Andean contour.
- If the beaches are calling you, then you can take a short flight and head off to Galapagos!
Dates & Cost
- Pre-departure Information
- Weekly cocktail with all your teammates in Quito
- Weekly salsa classes in Quito
- All necessary study materials for the classes
- Grammar Book
- Certificate after finishing the classes
- 24/7 support by Country Coordinators
- International Airfare
- Airport drop (available for an extra cost)
- Local Transportation
- Any personal expenses