- Explore the bustling city of Bangkok
- Go for a pub crawl at Khao San Road with your travel mates
- Enjoy the natural beauty of Khao Sok National Park
- Go for an excursion to Lake Cheow Larn
- Relax on the white-sand beaches of Koh Phangan and Koh Tao
- Spot coral and marine life while snorkeling
- Meet travelers from other parts of the world
The Southern Thailand Sojourn will take you from the maddening life of Bangkok to the laid-back coastal areas, where you can stroll on the golden beaches, go for ferry rides, and try out adventure sports like scuba diving and snorkeling. Soak in the sun till you get tanned and weave beautiful memories with your fellow travelers, during your gap year abroad. Rest assured, this beach trip in Thailand will fill your bucket with wonderful memories and experiences to cherish for a lifetime.
Day 1 - Welcome to Bangkok
You’ll be arriving at the Suvarnabhumi Airport in Bangkok. Meet your fellow travelers and get to know them better, as you'll be spending almost a month with them! In the evening, you can head out to explore the Khao San Road and binge on some local delicacies.
Day 2 - Bangkok to Surat Thani
You can head out to visit the Wat Pho and the Grand Palace in the morning. You can also head out for a street food crawl during lunch. You’ll catch the overnight train to Surat Thani.
Day 3 - Surat Thani to Khao Sok
From Surat Thani, it'll be a short bus ride to Khao Sok. A pristine destination set amidst nature, Khao Sok is a perfect place to chill and relax, or go for a hike followed by a swim. Your entry in the National Park is included in this trip, so you can go and explore the Khao Sok National Park, absorbing the beauty and freshness of nature. In case you are feeling lazy, you can just chill in a hammock by the riverside, watching monkeys.
Day 4 - Khao Sok to Koh Phangan
It's time to head towards the Party Capital of Thailand! Travel across southern Thailand, from Khao Sok to Koh Phangan, crossing the Gulf of Thailand. Stroll on the beaches and soak in the sun during the day! Once the sun goes down, you can gear up for a crazy beachside party that's totally worth the hype!
Day 5 - Koh Phangan
Go and explore the idyllic Bottle Beach, binge on delicious Thai food at the beachside shacks, soak in the sun and absorb the laid-back vibes of this beach destination! Put on your best dresses and head out with your travel mates to party hard! Enjoy as much as you can and have no regrets.
Day 6 - Koh Phangan to Koh Tao
Enjoy the ferry ride to one of the most picturesque islands of the region - Koh Tao. Over the past decade, this place has become one of the major dive sites in Thailand, attracting beginners and professionals alike. Once you reach the island, you can just go straight to the beaches and enjoy your time savoring the delicious cuisine and dive into the turquoise water.
Day 7 - Koh Tao
It's time for some watersports and beach retreat! You can go for a full day snorkeling trip (prices included). Get your fins on! There's a wide range of options - but the best-known spots are Hin Wong Bay, Mango Bay, Nang Yuan Island, South Mae Haad and Janson Bay.
Day 8 - Return from Koh Tao
Like all good things, your amazing trip comes to an end here. You can either choose to return back home, or continue your journey to some other destination.
Dates & Cost
- Street food crawl in Bangkok
- Full-day snorkeling trip (Koh Tao)
- Lake Cheow Lan Excursion
- Beach explorations on Thai islands
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Accommodation - Simple hotels (twin-share) or hostels (multi-share) (5 nights), sleeper train (1 night), simple bungalow (1 night)
- Meals - 4 breakfasts, 2 lunches
- International/Domestic Airfare
- Visa fees
- Travel insurance (available at nominal cost)
- Meals not mentioned
- Airport transfers (available at additional cost)