Trip HighlightsTrip code: SCVPE
- Live in the beautiful city of Quito and spend some fun times with the children while volunteering
- Experience the local lifestyle, know more about the culture and history of the place
- Explore the great Amazonian Rainforests and go for adventure trips around the city of Quito
- Visit the Andean plateau with a series of active volcanoes and get to witness the highest active volcano in the world
- Visit the UNESCO World Heritage Sites of Ecuador
- Take a trip to the amazing archipelago of Galapagos to experience a beachside retreat
Are you a sports enthusiast looking for a perfect gap year program abroad? Then you can be a coach at the Soccer Coaching Center in Quito, Ecuador, and spend some quality time with the little ones here. As a volunteer for this project, you'll get to train the youth to shape their future as well as guide them to live a healthy life and grow up to be good human beings. It'll also give you the opportunity to explore this picturesque country that has a rich history and vibrant culture. You can also opt to volunteer as an English teacher at the community center and help the younger generation to polish their communicative skills.
Roles and Responsibilities
As a volunteer for the Soccer Coaching Program, you can also opt to teach English to the little ones. You'll mostly have to deal with children of the age group 6 to 16 years.
- You'll have to guide them to be a good sportsman and always accept everything in good spirit.
- Develop a training module and assign certain fitness goals to the kids depending on their age.
- Teach them how to be a good team player.
- As an English teacher in the community center, you can help the kids in developing their vocabulary and communication skills.
What you can do in your free time?
- Explore the city of Quito that has immense historical importance. Once a site where the Incas lived, Quito Old Town will surely take you back in time.
- You can also go for exploring the Amazon Rainforests and indulge in some adventure activities.
- Go for exploring Cotopaxi volcano and Pichincha, Antisana, and Cayambe volcanoes that make the Andean contour.
- If the beaches are calling you, then you can take a short flight and head off to Galapagos!
Dates & Cost
- 24/7 Assistance and support from VS Staff
- Comprehensive Pre- Departure Information
- Airport Pickup
- Meals on weekdays (only at homestay accommodation)
- Salsa class in Quito
- Insurance (Provided at an extra cost)
- International Airfare
- Airport drop (available for an extra cost)
- Local Transportation
- Any personal expenses