- Have a night to remember in the boiling pot of entertainment that is Las Vegas.
- Explore the one-stop location of American extremes- Death Valley.
- Check out the amazing wildlife and the designated wilderness of the Yosemite National Park.
- Enjoy the breathtaking view of the fog clad Golden Gate Bridge.
- Rocky cliffs, rolling fog along the beautiful blue coastline- a drive through California’s scenic Highway 1 is a treat for your senses!
- Soak in the dazzle of movie star glamour in the streets of Los Angeles.
For all you insatiable travelers who are always left with the want of more adventures, this coastal road trip could be your American Gap Year’s holy grail! All the way from the city of sinful indulgences called Las Vegas to the La La Land of Los Angeles, this desert to coast journey is sure gonna deliver travel-wows in spades for you. A VIP Limo party through the desert oasis, a walk through the biblical land of ‘Death Valley’ and camping out night after night is something right out of the ‘Epic Gap year Handbook’. Go photo cray-cray at the wondrous sights of Sierra Nevada or spend an afternoon kissing the bronze plaque (never mind the dirt) of your Hollywood hero at the Walk of Fame, these are the travel-memories that are gonna take you through your wrinkled years! Make your way down the picture-perfect Pacific Coast Highway and make it an experience worth remembering!
Day 1 - Kickoff from Las Vegas
Arrive in Las Vegas at any time and head out on your own to explore this grand city. Do get some pre-tour accommodation done if you really want to dig deep and explore the glorious city of Bright Lights!
Day 2 - Off to the Sierra Nevada
Get ready to experience nature’s extremes in the Death Valley National Park and mark your presence in the hottest, driest and lowest point of North America!
NOTE- Summer Itinerary- Make a halt at the town of Bishop for the night and prepare for an exciting day tomorrow through the scenic Tioga Pass
Winter Itinerary- continue on towards Lake Isabella for the night.
Day 3 - Onward to Yosemite National Park
Wave goodbye to Bishop and get ready for a fun morning trip to Mono Lake and walk among the Tufa Towers. Make your way through the scenic Tioga pass and reach the Yosemite National Park tucked into the mountains of California.
Day 4 - A free Day to explore the mighty Yosemite!
Discover the stunning landscapes of Yosemite NP by hiking its many trails or rent yourself a bike to cover most of the ground. Get out and explore!
Day 5 - Make your way to the ‘Golden City’ of San Francisco
Mark your arrival in San Francisco while catching a glimpse of the iconic Golden Gate Bridge. Get to exploring the sunny city and make the most of the exciting activities available.
Day 6 - Out and about exploring San Francisco
There are lots to do in San Francisco and with an open day in your hands, get ready to have a fun day out on the town. Get in touch with your trip coordinator and he/she will suggest you some great places to visit while there!
Day 7 - San Francisco to Morro Bay
Drive down the breathtaking California Coast Highway 1 and visit the rugged coastal city of Monterey. Walk along the amazing coastline and marvel at the amazing mountain ranges of Big Sur along the Pacific Coast!
NOTE- Due to recent landslides, large portions of the Pacific Coastal Highway have been closed from damage. Until the road reopens we'll be traveling an inland route to Morro Bay.
Day 8 - Through the Pacific Coast, into Los Angeles
Pass through Santa Barbara and arrive in style in the Hollywood neighborhood. Check out the Famous pier or hit the beach in the city of Angels, Los Angeles is all for you to explore. Head out to Santa Monica where the hostel is located and have a gala time exploring its hotspots!
Day 9 - Depart from Los Angeles or embark on another adventure
Every good thing comes to an end and so has this trip! You can depart at any time and hop on your homebound flight. But if you’re not ready to leave yet, you can simply choose from any of our trips in the USA or talk to your trip coordinator to help make arrangements for your journey ahead!
For those who are leaving, Au Revoir, we’ll miss you!
Dates & Cost
- Meals included are 4 breakfasts, 5 lunches, 4 Dinners.
- Self-inflating mattresses and dome tents while camping.
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities.
- Entrance fees to all national parks along with all hiking and walking excursions.
- Orientation to Las Vegas.
- Death Valley visit.
- Mono Lake visit.
- International/Domestic Airfare.
- Visa Fees.
- Insurance expenses (can be purchased from us at minimal cost).
- Cost of Vaccinations.
- Additional tours and activities (not included as paid for in the itinerary).
- Airport transfers (available at extra cost).