- Explore the various ancient temples in the city of Kathmandu, as well as the bustling markets.
- Enjoy the views of the breathtakingly gorgeous Mt. Everest at the backdrop of your place of accommodation. What more can you ask for?
- Live like the locals, get to know more about their culture and lifestyle.
- Tickle your adventure nerves and get charged for a trek in the Himalayas.
- Incredible volunteering experience with the kids at an orphanage in Nepal.
Excited to explore the gorgeous Himalayan nation? Volunteering with children in Nepal during your gap year will give you the opportunity to add some happiness to the lives of the little ones living at the orphanage and work closely with the Nepalese community. You'll get to know how difficult life can be for some people and use your skills in the best possible manner. Discover the delights that Nepal has in store for you! Go for a trek in the Himalayas and experience the thrill of whitewater rafting as well as bungee jumping, witness the sunrise at Pokhara and meet some amazing people from different parts of the world and add some brownie points to your Resume.
- Your main role will be to shower the kids with immense love and care, that they deserve.
- Teach basic English lessons to the kids and keep them engaged in activity-based learning.
- Guide them regarding basic health and hygiene.
- Engage the kids in extra-curricular works like art and craft, painting, dancing etc.
- You can also take them out for excursions.
- You might have to do administrative work as well.
- Use your creative ideas and try your hands in adding some more colors to the entire environment, by renovating the center, along with your peers.
- Take a tour of Kathmandu - explore the local market streets of Thamel, visit Durbar Square, Pashupatinath Temple, and Swayambhu temple.
- All the nature lovers, head towards the Chitwan National Park (UNESCO World Heritage Site) and spend some time amidst lush greenery.
- Visit Pokhara, one of the most popular destinations in Nepal, from where you'll get amazing views of the Annapurna Range.
- Take a tour of Bhaktapur, famous as the town of temples, and also enjoy the mesmerizing sunset at Nagarkot.
- You can also pay a visit to Lumbini, the birthplace of Lord Buddha.
Dates & Cost
- 24/7 Assistance and support from staff
- Comprehensive Pre- Departure Information
- Pick up from the airport between 6 AM tp 10 PM
- Food (2-3 times a day as mentioned in the Pre-Departure Guidebook)
- Travel & Medical Insurance (Available at an extra cost)
- International/Domestic airfare
- Visa fees
- Cost of vaccinations
- Local transport and personal expenses
- Cost of meals not mentioned in the itinerary
- Airport transfer while departing