- Explore the heart of the ancient Zulu Kingdom and home of the largest South African tribe.
- Steer the future of orphans and disadvantaged children as a positive role model in their lives.
- The Indian Ocean is just down the road - so chillax on the sunny beaches and warm waters filled whales and turtles!
- Strengthen the backbone of families living in poverty through education and HIV/AIDS support groups.
- Make an exciting weekend out of a game drive into the many wildlife reserves like Hluhluwe-imfolozi.
- Get your adrenaline rushing with the many adventure activities like abseiling, snorkeling, mountain biking etc.
Put on your exploration hats and pack in those SPF 40 sunscreens & binoculars, we are about to descend into travel mania in the land of ‘Safari Superpower’, South Africa. The dramatic landscapes, the Kalahari dunes, the lush forests- South Africa’s diversity will knock your socks right off! And when it comes to exploring the tasteful culture of South African Tribes, the home of the Zulus takes the cake.
Surrounded by the warm Indian Ocean and Big 5 reserves all around, Zululand boasts of a unique experience. And as the home of long lineages of Tribal Clans, the land is full of hair-raising enigma and mystique, that’ll surely titillate your grey cells! But the issues surrounding HIV and lack of education and childcare in the land are no mystery at all. This is where you mighty hearted people step in and do our bidding in the wider community outreach programs in St Lucia. As our volunteers, you’ll be reaching out to children and families as a positive influence and give them the push to rise above the challenges prevalent.
If you’re looking for a chance to do some good deeds and touch some lives, this is it! Let’s quickly go over the volunteering responsibilities that you’re gonna shoulder during your volunteer term in Zululand.
- You are going to be the joy-bringer for a group of kids here in daycare centers and creches and work with community outreach initiatives. You will be prepping kids younger than 6 years for their next step into the primary school, and of course, having lots of fun with them!
- After schools clubs are a perfect solution for providing orphaned, deprived kids with stimulation and a band of positive role models. You will be interacting with 7-15 year old and bringing them a boatload of fun and knowledge.
- You’ll be standing beside families in urgent need, be it food, education, access to water, clothing, providing shelter or repairing homes.
- As our volunteer in South Africa, you will be raising awareness and sharing life-saving knowledge about spreading and prevention of AIDS with primary school students.
- Let the storyteller in you come alive for the reading club awaits you. One of the most popular activities amongst the volunteers and children, it is a relaxed setting for providing literacy and making learning fun.
- You will be joining hands with Mother and child support groups and spread knowledge about gardening and teaching them how to grow food to eat and sell.
- The St. Lucia estuary boasts of a great crocodile and hippo population. And the best way to go about exploring them is a chilling cruise trip and the assistance of a knowledgeable guide.
- Wanna spend some personal time with Rambo, Rachel, and Jabulani? It’s a family of habituated elephants in one of the Big 5 game reserves. And if you’re up for an overnight self-drive then you can join this family of flappy eared giants!
- Experience the magic of the African Bush and go out on a day-long game drive through the oldest proclaimed natural reserve in Africa, the Hluhluwe-imfolozi National Park.
- Head out to the beach and relax under the sun, drink in hand! If you’d rather go for something exciting, there’s snorkeling for you!
- Get an extra stamp on your passport and wander off to the neighboring country of Mozambique. You shouldn’t miss out on your chance of swimming with wild dolphins!
- Don a Zulu attire and have a fantastic cultural evening learning to dance and play drums Zulu style. Round off the entire evening with a sumptuous Zulu meal!
- If you’re a night person, then you’d sure love these night drives discovering the nocturnal animal in the iSimangaliso Wetland Park. This is also your chance to witness the amazing natural phenomenon, The Milky Way.
Dates & Cost
- Comprehensive Pre-Departure Info
- 24/7 assistance from our in-country support team.
- Program and country orientation
- Accommodation in Volunteer house
- Airport transfers on arrival and departure
- Daily transport to project sites
- Full-time housekeeping service
- 3 meals a day from the kitchen of our great chefs (Mon-Fri)
- International/Domestic Airfare
- Visa Fees
- Insurance expenses (can be purchased from us at minimal cost)
- Weekend activities are non-inclusive and come at an extra cost
- Cost of Vaccinations