- Get first-hand work experience and boost your CV/ Resume
- Work with medical professionals
- Experience the amalgamation of Arabic, French and Berber culture
- Weekend trips to some of the gorgeous cities around Rabat; such as Marrakech, Fez, etc
- Get to know more about the Moroccan way of life and their culture
- Savor the tastes of authentic cuisine while living in the country for a considerable period of time
Are you a medical student looking for a gap year internship program in Morocco? Interns joining this program will be working alongside local doctors, hence an intermediate level of French is required. It is also necessary to provide documentation confirming one's involvement in a medical related degree at least or intends to pursue medical studies. Being a part of this program will not only give you an international work exposure, but it'll also help you in your career ahead.
Interns will work alongside the doctors and they will be placed in public hospitals as well as local hospitals.There are also opportunities for interns to be involved in surgeries and operations. Midwifery roles are also available.
The hospital staff will be supervising the interns at all times and will be providing ongoing support and assistance. Although this is not a hands-on position, interns will be involved in giving births and will have the opportunity to learn a great deal from these experiences. In some cases, it may be possible for interns to have a more active role, but this will be dependent on their experience and the relationship they have built with the local staff.
- Explore the city of Rabat, which has an array of places and sights to surprise you! Visit the Chellah, the Hassan Tower And Tomb and other monuments that have an Arabic touch to them.
- You can also explore the Rabat Zoo, that was opened in 2012 and has a huge variety of species.
- If you are a beach lover, then you must head to Kenitra, a town very close to Rabat by train, and one famous for its surfing.
- You can also go for exploring the popular Moroccan cities such as Marrakech and Casablanca.
Dates & Cost
- 24/7 Assistance and support from staff
- Comprehensive Pre- Departure Information
- Pick up from the airport
- Food (2-3 times a day as mentioned in the itinerary)
- Travel & Medical Insurance (Available at an extra cost)
- International/Domestic Airfare
- Visa fees
- Travel insurance (available at nominal cost)
- Local transportation to and fro program location
- Departure transfer to airport (can be arranged at nominal cost)
- Any personal expenses