- Have a gala time exploring the Hobbiton and do drop by at Frodo’s place.
- Bond with the captivating Maori people and learn all about their cultures with an authentic village homestay.
- Embark on one of the best day hikes in the world and cross a volcanic range on your Tongariro Alpine Crossing Trek.
- Explore the multilayered city life of Wellington and go on pub crawls, bonfire on the beach and celebrate late into the night with your new buds!
- Learn surfing hands-on from experts and get ready to hit the amazing swells in Raglan.
- Enjoy the enthralling beauty of Waitomo Caves lit up with magical glow worms.
Put on your adventure hats and dive headfirst into the backpacking madness that New Zealand is all about. This jampacked trip along the fantabulous northern isle of NZ thoroughly engages the body and the spirit. Active volcanoes, island sanctuaries, cosmopolitan cities set against the contrast of historic Maori culture, the Kiwi nation is every wanderluster’s dream and every wanderlist’s top charter! An easy breezy week packed with electrifying thrills, jaw-dropping divergent landscapes and some chillaxing hangouts, a week in the NZ is nothing short of LEGEN….wait for it...DARY! And of course, who could forget the rite of passage in New Zealand for every traveling gastronome, that is tasting the exclusive and drool-dripping tasty Fergburgers. Through the surfing mecca of Raglan and by the geothermal wonderland of Rotorua, make your way up to the capital of this way-out nation and give people some serious travel goals!
Day 1 - Kickoff from Auckland
Arrive in Auckland at any time and head out on your own to explore the cosmopolitan city! You can amp up your adventure by adding the Auckland Sailing experience onto your tour and take in the stunning views around the Waitemata Harbour. We highly recommend a pre-night accommodation in Auckland to opt for this or for exploring the city more.
Day 2 - Onward to Raglan
If sea kayaking in NZ has been on your bucket list, today is the day you tick it off. But not before traveling to a local conservation farm and learning more about their methods. Enjoy a cruise and lunch on a remote part of the harbor then head onto our lodge near Raglan for the night.
Day 3 - Exploring Raglan
Head down to the beach and enjoy an all included surf lesson and get ready to hit the waves. The afternoon is open and there are many exciting activities awaiting you as well like hiking Mt Karioi or a loop walk around its forests.
Day 4 - Next Stop, Rotorua
On your way to Rotorua, make a stop at the world famous Waitomo Caves and explore it by foot or lose yourself in the many adventure activities. Then continue on to Rotorua for a cultural experience on the grounds of a historic Maori village.
Day 5 - A day out in the Tongariro National Park
Head to the volcanic UNESCO world heritage listed Tongariro National Park and get ready to conquer the Tongariro Alpine Crossing, a self-guided, adrenaline-boosting trek (depending on weather conditions). Later, travel to a ski lodge on the side of a mountain for the night. An on-site spa and sauna are available to help ease tired muscles.
Day 6 - Goodbye Tongariro National Park, Hello Wellington
Hit up the Capital City of Wellington and enjoy the area’s many great bars and cafes. A visit to the Te Papa museum is a must when in Wellington and thus have been included in the trip. Then head out for a ‘Big Night Out’ on the town to celebrate the awesome NZ experience you had with your new friends.
Day 7 - Depart from Wellington or embark on another adventure!
Every good thing comes to an end and so has this trip! You can depart at any time and hop on your homebound flight. But if you’re not ready to leave yet, you can simply choose from any of our trips in New Zealand or talk to your trip coordinator to make arrangements for your journey ahead! Also, if you’re looking for a transfer to Auckland you can simply opt for the Auckland Express Extra.
For those who are leaving, Au Revoir, we’ll miss you!
Dates & Cost
- Meals included are 6 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch, and 2 Dinners.
- All Accommodations.
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities.
- Conservation farm visit in Raglan.
- Surf lessons in Raglan.
- Maori Cultural Experience.
- Sea Kayaking excursion in Raglan.
- Tongariro Alpine Crossing (seasonal).
- Big Night Out in Wellington.
- Orientation Walk in Wellington.
- International/Domestic Airfare.
- Visa Fees.
- Insurance expenses (can be purchased from us at minimal cost).
- Cost of Vaccinations.
- Additional tours and activities (not included as paid for in the itinerary).
- Airport transfers (available at extra cost).