- Snorkel in the crystal clear waters of the amazing Bay of Islands.
- Have a gala time exploring the Hobbiton and do drop by at Frodo’s place.
- Bond with the captivating Maori people and learn all about their cultures with an authentic village homestay.
- Overnight on a houseboat and fall in love with the Waterworld fishing, kayaking, snorkeling etc.
- Embark on one of the best day hikes in the world and cross a volcanic range on your Tongariro Alpine Crossing Trek.
- Explore the multilayered city life of Wellington and go on pub crawls, bonfire on the beach and celebrate late into the night with your new buds!
If you’ve been meaning to kickstart your YOLO Travel-a-thon with a bang, then a ticket to the exceedingly awesome destination of New Zealand is the perfect way to go about it! The tiny islands on the map don't do it justice, cause when it comes to travel, New Zealand and its North Island are legitly massive. The country’s bubbling Volcanic heart has its own shares of WOWs in the forms of vibrant cities, geothermal hotspots, serene beaches and the singular Maori culture. On top of that, this short yet bombastic trip is going to be a homecoming for all you LOTR and Hobbit heads as you make your way through the Hamilton-Waikato area, which played none other than the mystical town of Shire! Launching this epic journey from the multicultural hub of Auckland, a city that’ll give you some serious life-goals, you’ll be experiencing the surreal NZ all the way up to Wellington.
Day 1 - Kickoff from Auckland
Arrive in Auckland at any time and head out on your own to explore the cosmopolitan city! You can amp up your adventure by adding the Auckland Sailing experience onto your tour and take in the stunning views around the Waitemata Harbour. We highly recommend a pre-night accommodation in Auckland to opt for this or for exploring the city more.
Day 2 - Onward to the Bay of Islands
Venture out early and explore the native wonders of Giant Kauri Trees in a local reserve. Then make your way to the Goat Island Marine Reserve for an included snorkeling activity (seasonal). Then we continue on our journey towards Bay of Island and hole up in a houseboat for the night. Exciting right!
Day 3 - A free day in Paihia
Enjoy your free morning on the boat or opt for numerous water activities and get to exploring the nearby islands. Then head back to the mainland and walk around the town of Paihia before enjoying an authentic Kiwi BBQ.
Day 4 - Back to base in Auckland
Fill the free morning as you please with a range of adrenaline based activities off the shore and then we’ll making our way back to the base point, Auckland. You’ll also be welcoming more travelers into the group for the next leg of the trip.
Day 5 - Onward to Raglan
If sea kayaking in NZ has been on your bucket list, today is the day you tick it off. But not before traveling to a local conservation farm and learning more about their methods. Enjoy a cruise and lunch on a remote part of the harbor then head onto our lodge near Raglan for the night.
Day 6 - Exploring Raglan
Head down to the beach and enjoy an all included surf lesson and get ready to hit the waves. The afternoon is open and there are many exciting activities awaiting you as well like hiking Mt Karioi or a loop walk around its forests.
Day 7 - Next Stop, Rotorua
On your way to Rotorua, make a stop at the world famous Waitomo Caves and explore it by foot or lose yourself in the many adventure activities like the Waitomo Valley Walk. Then continue on to Rotorua for a cultural experience on the grounds of a historic Maori village.
Day 8 - A day out in the Tongariro National Park
Head to the volcanic UNESCO world heritage listed Tongariro National Park and get ready to conquer the Tongariro Alpine Crossing, a self-guided, adrenaline-boosting trek (depending on weather conditions). Later, travel to a ski lodge on the side of a mountain for the night. An on-site spa and sauna are available to help ease tired muscles.
Day 9 - Goodbye Tongariro National Park, Hello Wellington
Hit up the Capital City of Wellington and enjoy the area’s many great bars and cafes. A visit to the Te Papa museum is a must when in Wellington and thus have been included in the trip. Then head out for a ‘Big Night Out’ on the town to celebrate the awesome NZ experience you had with your new friends.
Day 10 - Depart from Wellington or embark on another adventure!
Every good thing comes to an end and so has this trip! You can depart at any time and hop on your homebound flight. But if you’re not ready to leave yet, you can simply choose from any of our trips in New Zealand or talk to your trip coordinator to make arrangements for your journey ahead! Also, if you’re looking for a transfer to Auckland you can simply opt for the Auckland Express Extra.
For those who are leaving, Au Revoir, we’ll miss you!
Dates & Cost
- Meals included are 9 Breakfasts, 2 Lunches, and 4 Dinners.
- All Accommodations.
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities.
- Overnight houseboat excursion including the onboard activities like Snorkeling, fishing, kayaking.
- Conservation farm visit in Raglan.
- Surf lessons in Raglan.
- Maori Cultural Experience.
- Sea Kayaking excursion in Raglan.
- Tongariro Alpine Crossing (seasonal).
- Big Night Out in Wellington.
- Orientation Walk in Wellington.
- International/Domestic Airfare.
- Visa Fees.
- Insurance expenses (can be purchased from us at minimal cost).
- Cost of Vaccinations.
- Additional tours and activities (not included as paid for in the itinerary).
- Airport transfers (available at extra cost).