- Trot the ancient streets of winding Medinas.
- Gaze at the horizon and stretches of sands on Camelback in the Sahara Desert.
- Explore the Hollywood favorite mudbrick Ksar at the edge of Hgh Atlas Mountains- Ait Ben Haddou.
- Tick off ‘Athens of Africa’ off your wanderlist wandering through Fès.
- Get lost in the exotic vibe of the local souks.
- Be awestruck at the unique beauty of the blue-washed mountain village of Chefchaouen.
Don a kaftan, get your turban look going and step into the shoes of Sultans of Arabia as you make your way through the Great Sahara Desert in Morocco! This fast-paced trip through Northern Africa is sure to keep you holding on to the edge of your seats with the boatload of thrills and surprises we’ve packed in. Travel in the footsteps of Desert Nomads and hole up in a desert camp deep into the dunes and earn a few sweet humpback friends along the way. Satiate the history buff in you on a walk through the ancient Roman ruins of Volubilis and get lost in the labyrinthic streets of Fès. And if ‘Blue is the warmest color’ for you, then you’ll blue-washed visage of the mountain city of Chefchaouen! Gorge on Kefta Kebabs, scour through exotic souqs, taste the freshness of a mint tea and discover the histories and mysteries of Morocco!
Day 1 - Kickoff from Casablanca
Arrive in Casablanca at any time and head out on your own to explore this exciting city of Morocco! You won’t be getting much time in Casablanca, so we suggest you get a pre-night booking done if you want to explore the city and its Medina, beachfront and wonderful art-deco architecture! The adventure begins tonight with a small meet and greet with the entire group!
Day 2 - Travel to Fès
On your way to Fès, make a small stop at the imperial city of Meknes and explore the grand monuments and winding souks of this charming city. Your next stop will be at the ancient Roman ruins of Volubilis. After a guided tour through this UNESCO heritage site, you’ll continue your journey to Fès. You will be staying in the new city of Fès which has a French provincial town feels to it!
Day 3 - Explore Fès
Enjoy a half-day Medina walking tour and get lost in the labyrinth of streets. You will have the rest of the afternoon to yourself. So, you can go about exploring this interesting Moroccan city on your own. After sundown, enjoy the local specialties of music and belly dancing over a sumptuous traditional dinner.
Day 4 - Off to Merzouga
Ride out early through the Middle Atlas Mountains to reach the edge of Sahara Desert. Then ditch the private vehicle to ride a camel and head to the desert camp deep into the dunes.
Notes for Sahara Desert Tent Camp Stay
- There will be a chance to repack and take only overnight bags out to the desert.
- Accommodation will be four people per tent and bathroom facilities will be basic and shared.
- Mattresses with sheet and blanket will be provided. For winter months (Nov-April) we recommend bringing sleeping bags.
- You will get a chance to shower upon arrival in Merzouga the next morning.
Day 5 - Head out to Todra Gorge
Rise and shine and get ready for another day of camel riding. Make your first stop at Tinghir and take a walk through its Palm Groves. Keep moving and make your next stop at the beautiful Todra Gorge Canyon- an amazing spot for hiking, sampling local Berber delicacies or just relaxing by the river. Spend the night between sheer cliffs amidst Palm trees and the rhythmic sounds of the River nearby.
Day 6 - Explore the Kasbah of Ait Benhaddou
Embark on a journey along the Route of 1000 Kasbahs and make your way to the Ouarzazate for a lunch stop. After a hearty lunch, continue on towards the fascinating Ait Benhaddou. Opt for a Moroccan cooking class and learn all about the excellent dishes of the region!
Day 7 - Onward to Marrakech
Head out to the imperial city of Marrakech through the magnificent High Atlas Mountains and get ready to experience the awesome views of the city. Go for a guided Medina tour or pay a visit to some amazing street performers in Djemaa el Fna Square. Get out and explore!
Day 8 - Depart from Marrakech or embark on another adventure
Every good thing comes to an end and so has this trip! You can depart at any time and hop on your homebound flight. But if you’re not ready to leave yet, you can simply choose from any of our trips or talk to your trip coordinator to help make arrangements for your journey ahead!
For those who are leaving, Bon Voyage, we’ll miss you!
Dates & Cost
- Meals included are 7 breakfasts, 1 lunch, and 1 dinner.
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities.
- Accommodation in Hotels and 1 night in Tented desert camp
- Overnight at Berber Desert Camp, Sahara Bedouin Camp
- Visit Ait Benhaddou Kasbah
- Local village farmland walk-in Todra
- Guided tour in Meknes, Volubilis, and Fès
- Guided Medina walk-in Marrakech.
- International/Domestic Airfare.
- Visa Fees.
- Insurance expenses (can be purchased from us at minimal cost).
- Cost of Vaccinations.
- Additional tours and activities (not included as paid for in the itinerary).
- Arrival transfer (can be arranged for an additional cost)