- Explore the various ancient temples in the city of Kathmandu, as well as the bustling markets.
- Enjoy the views of the breathtakingly gorgeous Mt. Everest at the backdrop of your place of accommodation. What more can you ask for?
- Live like the locals, get to know more about their culture and lifestyle.
- Tickle your adventure nerves and get charged for a trek in the Himalayas.
- Intern at a hospital/ healthcare center and gain international work experience.
The Medical Internship Program in Nepal is perfect for overseas students from pre-med, medical, and nursing backgrounds, who are looking to spend their gap year in the most meaningful manner. Students joining this program will be placed at local hospitals, both private and government, and medical clinics in and around Kathmandu. It'll be a great opportunity to gain first-hand work experience while shadowing the professionals. You'll also get to treat the patients and help them live a better life.
Being an intern for the medical project in Kathmandu will give you a chance to know more about the healthcare scenario of the country. The healthcare conditions in Nepal is not as developed and structured as that of the Western countries. It’ll be a good opportunity for the participants to learn more about the scenario of the developing Asian nations. Here's the list of tasks and responsibilities that'll be assigned to you as an intern:
- Shadow the professional doctors and nurses at the hospital
- Depending on your skills and knowledge, you can assist with procedures like suturing wounds, giving vaccinations etc
- Conducting hospital rounds with the doctors
- Routine patient check-ups like measure Blood pressure, check fever etc
Note: The amount of hands-on involvement while interning will depend upon the intern’s experience, education, comfort level, the length of the internship and the consent of both the attending doctor and the hospital administration.
Dates & Cost
- 24/7 Assistance and support from staff
- Comprehensive Pre- Departure Information
- Pick up from the airport
- Food (2-3 times a day as mentioned in the itinerary)
- Travel & Medical Insurance (Available at an extra cost)
- International/Domestic Airfare
- Visa fees
- Travel insurance (available at nominal cost)
- Entry fees at monuments
- Local transportation to and fro program location
- Departure transfer to airport (can be arranged at nominal cost)
- Any personal expenses