Trip HighlightsTrip code: MINDI
- Explore the bustling capital city of New Delhi
- Visit the famous monuments and UNESCO World Heritage Sites including Red Fort and Humayun's Tomb
- Savor the taste of the delicious street foods - try some lip-smacking 'chaat' and 'samosas'
- Internship opportunity at a reputed hospital in South Delhi area
- First-hand learning experience while shadowing professionals
- Head towards the 'Monument of Love' - Taj Mahal, in Agra
- Explore the Pink City, Jaipur, during the weekends and witness the grandeur of Rajput architecture
The Medical Internship Program is a perfect opportunity for gap year medical students looking forward to experiencing the work structure at a hospital and learn more while shadowing the professionals. The internship placement in South Delhi area offers the opportunity to observe the medical staff and each intern shall do basic assistance work in the hospital during the period of the internship. If you want to serve the people in India while gaining first-hand work experience, then this is the ideal choice for you.
Roles & Responsibilities
Being an intern for the medical project in New Delhi will give you a chance to know more about the healthcare scenario of a developing Asian country. Here's the list of tasks and responsibilities that'll be assigned to you as an intern:
- Shadow the professional doctors and nurses at the hospital
- Depending on your skills and knowledge, you can assist with procedures like suturing wounds, giving vaccinations etc
- Conducting hospital rounds with the doctors
- Routine patient check-ups like measure Blood pressure, check fever etc
Choose at least 3 departs where you wish to work, aligning with your course of study:
- IPD Wards
- Blood Bank
- Dialysis Unit
- Critical Care
- General Wards
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology
What you can do in your free time?
- Explore the capital city of Delhi and visit the monuments that were built during the Mughal Rule, like Red Fort and Humayun's Tomb.
- Walk down the bustling markets and pick up souvenirs for your friends and family.
- Take the Golden Triangle Tour. Head towards Agra to see the Taj Mahal, and then to Jaipur.
- In case you are in love with the Himalayas, you can also visit popular hill stations like Shimla, Manali or Mcleodganj during the weekends.
Dates & Cost
- 24/7 Assistance and support from staff
- Comprehensive Pre- Departure Information
- Pick up from the airport
- Food (2-3 times a day as mentioned in the itinerary)
- Travel & Medical Insurance (Available at an extra cost)
- International/Domestic Airfare
- Visa fees
- Travel insurance (available at nominal cost)
- Entry fees at monuments
- Local transportation to and fro program location
- Departure transfer to airport (can be arranged at nominal cost)
- Any personal expenses