- Work with an amazing bunch of people at the beachside in the picturesque town of Denia.
- Gain international work experience.
- Dive into the sea and spend time underwater with the marine life, while working for their preservation.
- Live with the locals, immerse yourself in the Spanish culture and learn the language.
- Explore the architectural grandeur of the monuments and heritage sites in Valencia.
While most of the people will either head towards Madrid or Barcelona, you can choose to spend your gap year in Valencia, one of the most beautiful parts of Spain, where life still runs at a slower pace than the other big cities. This conservation project is located in Denia, a quaint beach paradise, about 100km from Valencia. As a part of this program, you'll learn how to minimize the adverse environmental impact that happens due to flourishing tourism and also about the importance of marine research programs. You'll learn to acquire new skills and have an adventurous joyride while working with an efficient team and it'll surely benefit you in your career ahead.
- As a volunteer, you'll have to monitor the whales, seabirds, and dolphins.
- You'll have to work at the wetland to improve the ecosystem.
- Keep an eye over the flora and fauna of the entire region.
- Learn how to identify the affected species and help them at the rehabilitation center.
- Go for beach patrolling, turtle monitoring as well as be a part of the beach cleaning endeavors.
- (Coast and underwater cleaning is an important part of the project)
- Prevent deforestation as well as forest fires.
- Most of the volunteers choose to relax on the beaches and explore the local eateries where amazing barbecues are served.
- You can also attend Spanish language classes, or cookery courses to learn how to prepare the delicious cuisine.
- You can head towards Barcelona or Madrid for a short weekend getaway. Visit the Catedral de la Almudena, the golden triangle of museums, Mezquita of Cordoba Ancient streets and many Renaissance, Baroque, Gothic and Romanesque monuments.
- In case you are a football lover, then go and catch a local game. it'll surely be a treat for you.
- You can also attend some local festival (if it's happening) or a flamenco dance show!
Dates & Cost
Accommodation - Simple hotels or guesthouse (twin-share) (11 nts), sleeper train (1 nt), homestay (2 nt).
A variety of styles of hotels/guest houses are used in India. These can vary in terms of service, efficiency and cleanliness. In many instances they might not be like what you are used to back home. Power cuts can and are a regular occurrence in many places, especially throughout North and Central India. Although a number of hotels have generators there may be times when these won’t work. It is also recommended when you are in your room to lock the door, as staff will sometime enter without reason.
Meals Included - 1 lunch
Eating is a big part of traveling. Travelling with Go Discover Abroad you experience the vast array of wonderful food that is available out in the world. Generally meals are not included in the trip price when there is a choice of eating options, to give you the maximum flexibility in deciding where, what and with whom to eat. It also gives you more budgeting flexibility, though generally food is cheap. Our groups tend to eat together to enable you to taste a larger variety of dishes and enjoy each other's company. There is no obligation to do this though. Your CEO will be able to suggest favourite restaurants during your trip. Vegetarians will be able to find a huge range of different foods - India is vegetarian heaven. For all trips please refer to the meals included and budget information for included meals and meal budgets.