- Live in a beautiful lodge that's located in the Ezulwini valley (known as the Valley of Heaven) in central Swaziland.
- Immerse yourself in the authentic culture of the place, learn more about their history and traditions and learn about the flora and fauna of this region.
- Volunteer with children under the community development project and make an impact in their lives.
- Opportunity to be a part of optional projects like sports development and renovation work at pre-schools/ community.
- Go for a 5 days safari, explore the Kruger National Park and spot the popular animals roaming around freely.
As the name suggests, the Kruger & Volunteering Adventure Tour will let you explore some of the gorgeous parts of South Africa that boasts beautiful flora and fauna along with the richness of the culture. Starting from Swaziland, one of the tiniest African countries, you will be involved in community projects to make a difference to the lives of orphans and vulnerable children. While the volunteering journey will help you to learn a lot about life, the most exciting part of your tour would be the 5 days camping safari through the infamous Kruger National Park where you can spot the Big 5 of Africa.
Make the most of your gap year - utilize the opportunity to be a part of a meaningful project and witness some of Africa’s most incredible wildlife.
Day 1 - Arrival at Johannesburg
You'll have to take a flight to Tambo Airport, Johannesburg (South Africa) where you'll meet our coordinator. From there, it'll be an amazing road trip to Kruger.
Day 2 - Orientation Session
Today, we'll have a detailed Orientation Session where our coordinator will tell you everything that you need to know about the country and your journey, as well as how to effectively contribute to your volunteer experience.
Day 3 to Day 7 - Conservation tour, Kruger National Park, South Africa
Covering an area of almost 20,000 sq km, the Kruger National Park is probably one of Africa’s most famous Conservation areas. During these 5 days, you'll be spending your time on the game drives, searching for the incredibly diverse wildlife that you can find nowhere else in the world. You'll be camping under the sky, and spend your evenings gazing at the African stars. Know how a dedicated team is working for the conservation of this fragile ecosystem. This experience will surely be one of the best that you've ever had!
Day 7 - Depart for the Kingdom of Swaziland
After an enriching experience amidst nature, it's time for you to head towards your next destination, Ezulwini valley in the Kingdom of Swaziland.
Day 8 to Day 14 - Volunteering experience in Swaziland (Choose between building, sports and childcare)
Your second phase of the tour will begin today and it's time for you to make a difference in someone else's life. As a volunteer for the community development project, you'll get to choose between building, sports and childcare and work accordingly. Here are some of the tasks which you’ll allotted as per your choices:
- Teaching basic English and maths to children in an underprivileged school.
- Help the staff during lunch time by organizing the kids and serving them food.
- Think of activity-based learning methods that'll keep the kids engaged and help them learn basic lessons.
- Organising sports days for exercise and fun, encourage kids to be more active.
- Making clay bricks, building structures including roofing.
- Fencing and developing gardens where vegetables can be grown for the children.
Day 14 - Flight back home
It's the last day of your journey* so bid goodbye to your new friends, leave the backpacker's lodge in Swaziland and drive back to Johannesburg, from where you can board your flight back home.
*Note: If you wish to continue your journey, then you'll carry on with the project as described (between Day 8 to Day 14) and keep adding more happiness to the lives of the kids.
Your Daily Schedule As A Volunteer: (From Day 8 to Day 14)
7:00 AM - Time to get started! Wake up, quickly get ready and have your breakfast.
8:00 AM - Travel to your placement and get ready to begin your day.
8:30 AM - Participate in your volunteer project assisting with fun activities.
1:00 PM - Time to either return to your accommodation for lunch or eat the packed lunch you made that morning!
2:00 PM - Start with the 2nd phase of the day and carry on with your work.
4:30 PM - Return back to your accommodation. You can relax, share your experiences with your fellow mates or just chill!
6:30 PM - Enjoy a delicious evening meal before you spend some time gazing at the stars and go off to sleep!
The minimum age requirement to be a volunteer for this project is 18 years. For 16 & 17-year-old ones, parental consent is required.
A minimum level of physical fitness is required.
No special skills are required for the safari tour, you just need to be enthusiastic enough to learn more.
Be adaptive, creative and eager to make a difference in the lives of the people while volunteering.
You need to be open-minded and work in cooperation with a team.
Dates & Cost
|Programme option||Duration||Date of Departure||Price|
|Kruger & Volunteering Adventure Tour||06th Aug, 2018||$1,527£1,222€1,222$1,986₹102,309|
|Kruger & Volunteering Adventure Tour||03rd Sep, 2018||$1,527£1,222€1,222$1,986₹102,309|
|Kruger & Volunteering Adventure Tour||01st Oct, 2018||$1,527£1,222€1,222$1,986₹102,309|
|Kruger & Volunteering Adventure Tour||05th Nov, 2018||$1,527£1,222€1,222$1,986₹102,309|
|Kruger & Volunteering Adventure Tour||03rd Dec, 2018||$1,527£1,222€1,222$1,986₹102,309|
- Pre-Departure Guide
- 24/7 in-country assistance
- Detailed Orientation on the first day before the journey begins
- Exclusive volunteering experience
- Accommodation and meals throughout your stay
- Tour guide during all the planned tours
- Local transport fares to your projects
- Any 'Add On Tour' opted
- Medical/Travel insurance
- All flights & visa