- Get first-hand work experience and boost your CV/ Resume
- Work with professionals and get mentored
- Live in the picturesque town of Raid and work in the city of Rabat
- Experience the amalgamation of Arabic, French and Berber culture
- Weekend trips to some of the gorgeous cities around Rabat; such as Marrakech, Fez, etc
- Get to know more about the Moroccan way of life and their culture
- Savor the tastes of authentic cuisine while living in the country for a considerable period of time
Are you looking for a perfect gap year internship program that would help you in your career ahead? How about the Journalism Internship in Morocco?
Students with a background in journalism/ media studies and a good grasp of English are welcome to apply for this program which is designed to give you a first-hand experience of what working within an international agency is all about. The internship will be arranged based on the students’ skills and experience and once on-site, you will be paired with an internship mentor who will monitor your workload and provide ongoing support and assistance.
Note: Some knowledge of French would be advantageous but is not a prerequisite.
As an intern for the Journalism Program, you'll get to do the following work:
- Editing original content written by the agency correspondents and contributors.
- Writing articles in English (news, reports, interviews, op-eds, research papers).
- Assist with social media pages and groups on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram.
- Video/picture editing.
- Help in developing Digital Media Planning and Online Marketing Strategies.
- Online Strategic Planning and Insights on latest digital trends.
- Developing and maintaining a social media strategy that can help the agency secure its leadership in Morocco and enhance its visibility.
- Develop monitor and implement social media campaigns.
- Develop guidelines and training materials to ensure consistency in style and content for the agency contributors.
- Help in drafting proposals for the agency partnerships program with other institutions.
- Help in drafting applications for grants and/or fellowships to meet the guidelines of potential donors/foundations.
- Explore the city of Rabat, which has an array of places and sights to surprise you! Visit the Chellah, the Hassan Tower And Tomb and other monuments that have an Arabic touch to them.
- You can also explore the Rabat Zoo, that was opened in 2012 and has a huge variety of species.
- If you are a beach lover, then you must head to Kenitra, a town very close to Rabat by train, and one famous for its surfing.
- You can also go for exploring the popular Moroccan cities such as Marrakech and Casablanca.
Dates & Cost
- 24/7 Assistance and support from staff
- Comprehensive Pre- Departure Information
- Pick up from the airport
- Food (2-3 times a day as mentioned in the itinerary)
- Travel & Medical Insurance (Available at an extra cost)
- International/Domestic Airfare
- Visa fees
- Travel insurance (available at nominal cost)
- Local transportation to and fro program location
- Departure transfer to airport (can be arranged at nominal cost)
- Any personal expenses