Trip HighlightsTrip code: ELWR
- Travel across Iceland within a pocket-friendly budget
- Enjoy the Northern Lights of the Golden Circle
- Explore the lava cave in the Bláfjöll Mountains
- Enjoy breathtaking landscapes & soak in the geothermal heat springs
- Go hiking to the Sólheimajökull Glacier
- Visit to the Þingvellir National Park
- Drive to the Skógafoss and Seljalandsfoss waterfalls
- Explore Reykjavik at your own pace
Most people prefer to visit Iceland in the summers because it is wonderfully cool then, but what is relatively unknown is that Iceland in the winter looks and feels completely stunning and becomes absolutely worthy of exploration. Reykjavík is one of Europe’s smallest capitals which is easy and safe to explore. It is chock-full of restaurants, bars, and cafés in the street Laugavegur and that leaves behind a unique tinge to its nightlife. Álftröð, on the other hand, has stunning landscapes for hiking and watching northern lights. So spend seven days here as you hike to glaciers, soak up hot springs, visit National Parks, or even retrospect under the Northern Lights.
Day 1 - Arrival in Reykjavik
Welcome to Reykjavik. Take some rest after your long journey on the first day here and spend some time absorbing the magical vibe of the northernmost capital of this planet!
Day 2 - Reykjavik to Álftröð
Travel to explore the Bláfjöll Mountains’ lava cave from Reykjavík. After this, continue to the Þingvellir National Park. Experience the Gullfoss Waterfall and the Geysir Hot Spring. Head out to the Golden Circle in the evening, to look at Northern Lights before going to Álftröð.
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch
Day 3 - Stay in Álftröð
Go hiking in Reykjadalur while viewing all the stunning landscapes that you come across. After this, soak yourself in the geothermal heat springs that come in route. On this evening as well, go outside and enjoy the Northern Lights.
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 4 - Álftröð to Reykjavik
Visit the Sólheimajökull Glacier and explore it for some time. You can opt for an adventurous hike here. Then, drive along the beautiful southern coast to stop at the Seljalandsfoss and Skógafoss waterfalls before returning to Reykjavík.
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch
Day 5 to Day 6 - Explore Reykjavik
This will be your free day to explore Reykjavik and its surrounding area. You can go out to snorkel between tectonic plates and explore this quaint little town and discover many activities available around it.
Day 7 - Depart from Reykjavik
You can book a flight on the final day of your trip.
Dates & Cost
- Visit to Lava caving (Leiðarendi Cave)
- Þingvellir National Park visit
- Sightseeing of Golden Circle
- Visit to Geysir Hot Spring
- Northern Lights hunting (2 nights)
- Drive along Southern coast including Skógarfoss Waterfall and Seljalandsfoss Waterfall
- Free time to explore Reykjaviík and other optional activities
- Transport to/from all included activities and between all destinations
- Accommodation on all days - Hotels (4 Nights)
- Meals: 4 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 2 dinners
- Transport: Private vehicle, walking.
- International/Domestic Airfare
- Visa Fees
- Insurance expenses (can be purchased from us at minimal cost)
- Cost of Vaccinations
- Additional tours and activities (Sight seeing at different destinations and monument entry fees)
Accommodation - Hotels (6 nts).
In Iceland we use small hotels, guest houses and inns. They are comfortable and clean but do not have many amenities. On occasion in remote areas or in order to stay somewhere unique and character-filled, we will have multi-share accommodations and/or shared facilities.
Meals Included - 6 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 2 dinners