- Explore the nightlife of Ho Chi Minh City
- Cycle around Hoi An and chill on the beaches
- Wander the vibrant streets of Hanoi
- Cycle through the unspoiled countryside of Vietnam
- Kayak through limestone karsts in Ha Long Bay
- Walk among the hills of Mai Chau
In case you are heading towards Southeast Asia during your gap year, then you can opt for this amazing Hiking, Biking & Kayaking Tour in Vietnam. Starting off from Ho Chi Minh City, you'll get to explore Hoi An, cycle down the picturesque countryside, cruise along the Ha Long Bay and much more. Just in case when you’re not pedaling or paddling, you'll get to visit the country's cultural highlights like the Cu Chi Tunnels and Emperor's Tomb and spend a night with the locals at their home. This definitely would be an enriching as well as adventurous tour that'll show you the popular sights as well as hidden gems in Vietnam.
Day 1 - Arrival in Ho Chi Minh City
Your journey through Vietnam begins today! You can go for a Cyclo city tour of Central Saigon to absorb the sights, sounds, and smells of Ho Chi Minh City. Our country coordinator will brief you about the tour itinerary today, once every one of the group arrives.
Day 2 - Ho Chi Minh City to Hoi An
Ride through rubber plantations and sleepy villages while heading towards Chu Chi Tunnels on your cycle! This is going to be a guided tour, where you'll be told in details about the place and its history. You'll finish the ride at the Cu Chi Tunnels, extensive underground bases and an example of one of the greatest advantages the Viet Cong held over the Americans in the war. You can try crawling through the tunnels as well.
Once we are done here, we’ll head off to Hoi An.
Day 3 - Exploring Hoi An
Get a bike and explore Hoi An. The streets and markets are really fascinating, so you'll definitely have a great time. You'll be attending cooking classes at Oodles of Noodles. Learn the art of preparing delicious Vietnamese cuisine and also taste them. In the evening, you can opt to relax on the beach, or visit the tailors in town.
Day 4 - Hoi An to Huế
It's time for a road trip! Travel through the Hai Van Pass towards the ancient capital of Huế and soak in the beauty of the Vietnamese countryside.
Day 5 - Huế to Hanoi
Explore Huế on your cycle and visit the former Citadel and Tu Duc's tomb. After spending the day cycling, head back to town before taking an overnight train to Hanoi.
Day 6 - Hanoi to Mai Châu
Travel to Mai Chau and head out for the hike through the countryside. You'll get to visit some local homestays, talk to the villagers and savor the authentic home-cooked meals. Spend the night at a dorm-style long-house & enjoy traditional living.
Day 7 - Mai Châu to Hanoi
It's time to return back to Hanoi and explore the Old Quarters of the city. You can also make good use of the evening and watch the Thăng Long water puppet theatre performance. Otherwise, you can also go for a food crawl and binge on local delicacies.
Day 8 - Hanoi to Ha Long
It's time to explore the beautiful UNESCO World Heritage Site. Cruise through majestic Ha Long Bay on a traditional wooden junk boat. Enjoy your time afloat eating fresh seafood, and exploring Sung Sot cave. You can also go for kayaking with your fellow travelers.
The evening's accommodation is a special experience – sleeping on a boat surrounded by high limestone karsts. Spend a peaceful night anchored in the bay under the stars.
Day 9 - Ha Long to Hanoi
Spend the morning exploring the Ha Long, and by the afternoon we shall reach Hanoi city. Later in the day, you can opt to explore the exterior of the Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum and Hoa Lo Prison (Hanoi Hilton). Go for some shopping in the evening and pick up souvenirs for your friends and family back at home.
Day 10 - Trip ends at Hanoi
The trip ends today. You can either book your return tickets for home or head off for another adventure.
Dates & Cost
- Cooking lessons at Oodles of Noodles Demonstration and Lunch, Hoi An
- Local Living: Mai Chau Homestay
- Chu Chi Tunnels entrance and tour (Ho Chi Minh City)
- Guided cycling trips
- Entrance to the Emperor's Tomb and Citadel (Hue)
- Countryside hike (Mai Chau)
- Ha Long Bay overnight boat trip with seafood meals
- Sea-kayaking and cave visits
- Internal flight
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Accommodation - Hotels (6 nights), sleeper train (1 night), junk boat (1 night), homestay (1 night)
- Meals - 9 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 2 dinners
- International Flight tickets
- Travel & Medical Insurance (available at an extra cost)
- Meals not mentioned
- Any personal expenditure
- Departure transfer to airport (can be arranged at nominal cost)