- Travel across Iceland within a pocket-friendly budget
- Enjoy the Northern Lights of the Golden Circle
- Explore the lava cave in the Bláfjöll Mountains
- Enjoy breathtaking landscapes & soak in the geothermal heat springs
- Go hiking to the Sólheimajökull Glacier
- Visit to the Þingvellir National Park
- Drive to the Skógafoss and Seljalandsfoss waterfalls
It’s common for most people to visit Iceland in the summers, but it is true that Iceland has a completely different side to it in the winter, which is absolutely worth exploring. Reykjavík is one of Europe’s smallest capitals and it is easy and safe to traverse. It has so many restaurants, bars and cafés located in the shopping street Laugavegur and a unique feel to its nightlife. Álftröð has stunning landscapes to hike in and watch northern lights. So spend five days here hiking to glaciers, visiting the Þingvellir National Park, or even retrospecting under the radiant Northern Lights, and soaking up hot springs.
Day 1 - Arrival in Reykjavik
Welcome to Reykjavik! Rest a bit on your day of arrival and take some time to absorb the whole vibe of the northernmost capital of this planet!
Day 2 - Reykjavik to Álftröð
From Reykjavík you will be taken to visit a lava cave in Bláfjöll Mountains. After exploring the cave you will travel to the Þingvellir National Park. There you will see the Gullfoss Waterfall and the Geysir Hot Spring. In the evening, you will head out to the Golden Circle to look at the Northern Lights before you return to Álftröð.
Meals: Breakfast & Dinner
Day 3 - Explore Álftröð
Go hiking around Reykjadalur while taking into view all the stunning landscapes you come across and soak in the geothermal heat springs on your route. On this evening too you can go outside to enjoy the Northern Lights.
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 4 - Álftröð to Reykjavik
You will be visiting the Sólheimajökull Glacier and exploring for some time. You can also opt for an adventurous hike. Then you will drive along the beautiful southern coast and stop at the Seljalandsfoss and the Skógafoss waterfalls on your way back to Reykjavík. Relish your final night in this city.
Meals: Breakfast & Lunch
Day 5 - Depart From Reykjavik
You can book a flight home on the 5th day of your trip, anytime after 12 PM.
Dates & Cost
- Visit to Lava caving (Leiðarendi Cave)
- Þingvellir National Park visit
- Sightseeing of Golden Circle
- Visit to Geysir Hot Spring
- Northern Lights hunting (2 nights)
- Drive along Southern coast including Skógarfoss Waterfall and Seljalandsfoss Waterfall
- Transport to/from all included activities and between all destinations
- Accommodation on all days - Hotels (4 Nights)
- Meals: 4 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 2 dinners
- Transport: Private vehicle, walking
- International/Domestic Airfare
- Visa Fees
- Insurance expenses (can be purchased from us at minimal cost)
- Cost of Vaccinations
- Additional tours and activities (Sight seeing at different destinations and monument entry fees)
Accommodation - Hotels (2 nts), Icelandic guesthouse (2 nts).
On this trip you can expect to stay in small family-run hotels or pensions (with the exception of the start and finish hotels, which are often larger city hotels), which will vary a little in standard and facilities: some may not have elevators, air-conditioning or English-speaking staff, but most importantly all are locally-run, with some traditional character, and in excellent central locations to give you maximum time for exploring the sights. You can expect to find clean, safe, simple accommodation in convenient locations. Note that most accommodation in Europe does not have air conditioning units in rooms. Air conditioning is not routinely installed in European homes and workplaces. However, nearly all hotels will provide a standing or desk fan for your room on hot nights. If you do not already have one in your room, please ask your CEO to organize one for you with reception.
Meals Included - 4 breakfasts, 2 dinners