Trip HighlightsTrip code: GIPSA
- Conduct intimate youth support groups and leave a deep impact on young girls in the community.
- Get creative with your English lessons for the Big Mommas running the foster homes.
- Explore the melting pot of Capetonian cultures by visiting local markets and restaurants.
- Tame the wilderness of South Africa with outdoor activities like Canoeing and hiking.
- Become a positive role model for young girls and boys and make a difference in the lives of these at-risk youths.
They say ‘’It’s always the best time to Visit South Africa’’. We don’t know who ‘They’ are but we Believe them! South Africa is your ultimate Travel-WOW if you’re into panoramic natural beauty, adrenaline-fuelled wildlife experience! All of that with a cosmopolitan mix of East & West and vibrant cultures is what Cape town’s all about. And that’s where you’re off to for experiencing the real South Africa!
Your work in this project is simple- ‘More power to Girl power’. South African girls are in real need of support to access health, education, and protection from abuse. It is YOU, our volunteers who can help them realize their true potential and power them up to defend their basic human rights! Come help us secure a bright future for the adolescent girls of South Africa.
Roles and Responsibilities
Volunteers, at the ready! Are you ready to take a step towards sustainable community development in the amazing coastal city of Cape Town? Great! Lets quickly go over the work that you’ll be doing with us as a volunteer on the girl impact project in South Africa.
- This is your chance to leave a lasting impact on the impressionable minds of young boys and girls. The orphaned, abused, neglected children of the local community need a positive role model to help steer them towards a bright future.
- You will come in contact with a group of participants aged 16-31 who have taken up computer studies and coding as a life-changing venture. You will be delivering confidence boosting workshops and activities to help them land them on their feet!
- Here you’ll be mixing with a group of participants aged 10-19 and facilitating interactions with them. You will be providing a safe space for them to come forth and share their problems and their talents as well!
- If you want to broaden your horizon and your scope of impact in Africa you can add in an extra amount of goodness by choosing another project along with your girl impact project.
- Our projects range from teaching assistants, working with orphans and vulnerable children, and sports development along-with the girl impact project. You can choose anyone as your primary project and choose another on top of it to intensify your volunteering experience in South Africa.
What you can do in your free time?
- Make an exciting weekend out of the Peninsula tour and can simply drop by the Good Hope Nature Reserve, Hout Bay, Seal Island, Simons Town and more along the way!
- Work off your trotters and hike up the Table Mountain or simply sit back and relax on a cable car. See you at the top!
- Take up surfing lessons on the weekends and enjoy the amazing swells of Cape Town.
- Face off a shark in a cage deep down in the ocean and feel your heart thumping out of your chest!
- Get your adrenaline pumping with activities like Abseiling down the Table mountain, sky-diving.
- Become a wine connoisseur and treat yourself to fine wines and warm hospitality at Constantia and Stellenbosch wine farms.
- Explore the world renowned road stretch of Garden Route, South Africa.
Dates & Cost
- Comprehensive Pre-Departure Info
- 24/7 assistance from our in-country support team.
- Program and country orientation
- Accommodation in Volunteer house
- Airport transfers on arrival and departure
- Daily transport to project sites
- Full-time housekeeping service.
- 3 meals a day from the kitchen of our great chefs (Mon-Fri)
- International/Domestic Airfare
- Visa Fees
- Insurance expenses (can be purchased from us at minimal cost)
- Weekend activities are non-inclusive and come at an extra cost
- Cost of Vaccinations