Trip HighlightsTrip code: GRACA
- Experience an amazing road trip in South Africa
- Stop at Betties Bay to spend a while with the African Penguins
- Visit Cape Agulhas, the southern-most tip of Africa
- Travel to Oudtshoorn which is also known as the Ostrich Capital of the World
- Explore the Cango Caves with a guide
- Feel the chills at Bloukrans Bridge to view the world’s highest bungee jump bridge (216 meters)
- Try out Bungee if you wish to feel the adrenaline rush
- Travel to the famous town of Knysna via the lavish Lake District of the Garden Route
- Spend an afternoon in Tsitsikamma National Park, soaking in its unique combination of indigenous forest and beautiful coastline
- Soak in the beauty of nature at Addo Elephant National Park
- Spot the wildlife during thrilling game drives
- Meet some amazing travelers from different parts of the world
This is the ultimate road trip you'll ever get to experience! In a span of just 6 days, drive from Cape Town to Addo Elephant national park, covering some amazing spots on the way like Cape Agulhas, Oudtshoorn, Knysna & Sedgefield. Comprising the best adventures that one can ask for, Go discover Abroad has curated this amazing tour that includes road trips, cave explorations, safaris, bungee jumping, nature walks and more! Of course, you'll get to savor the taste of authentic delicacies as well. If you are already planning a trip to South Africa, then there's no chance to miss this thrilling journey that'll let you experience some of the best things that country has in store for you!
Day 1 - Cape Town – Hermanus – Cape Agulhas
We shall kick-start this adventure tour from Cape Town/Stellenbosch early on Monday morning for Hermanus. Driving down the scenic coastal road, we'll stop at Betties Bay to spend a while with the African Penguins. later in the afternoon, you can explore the seaside resort town of Hermanus, famous for hundreds of Southern Right Whales during the whale season (July to November) and many shops, restaurants, and markets. Later in the day, we'll drive towards Cape Agulhas, the southern-most tip of Africa, where we visit a viewpoint known as the “real” place where the Indian and Atlantic Oceans meet. Sounds great, doesn't it?
Note: Shark cage diving clients will be picked up very early in the morning by the diving operator, and will miss the first half of Day 1 which includes the visit to the African Penguin Colony and Hermanus.
Meal - Dinner
Activities Included - Penguin spotting at Betties Bay
Optional Activities -
- Shark cage diving, R2380
- Whale watching boat trip (in season, July - November), R800
Day 2 - Cape Agulhas – Oudtshoorn
Set out from Cape Agulhas and head off to Oudtshoorn, which is also known as the Ostrich Capital of the World. Today, we'll be driving on the spectacular Route 62, which is South Africa’s longest wine route. On the way, we'll stop for lunch and wine tasting at a local winery, before experiencing the subterranean beauty of the Cango Caves on a guided adventure tour.
Meals - Breakfast and dinner
Activities included- Local wine tasting, Cango Caves tour
Day 3 - Oudtshoorn – Knysna – Sedgefield
After having a sumptuous breakfast, we'll head off to explore the Outeniqua Mountain Pass and the Wilderness National Park with some canoes. After about 40 minutes, the canoes will be left for a 2km hike along a boardwalk, which will take us to a lovely waterfall and rock pools. From here, we'll travel to the famous town of Knysna via the lavish Lake District of the Garden Route. This up-market little town is filled with curios, restaurants, and a waterfront, where you will be able to relax and do some shopping. Later in the afternoon, we'll drive to our final destination for the day - Sedgefield, where you can just chill on the beaches or go for a relaxing walk.
Meals - Breakfast and dinner
Activities included - Canoeing and hiking in Wilderness National Park
Day 4 - Sedgefield- Tsitsikamma - Addo
As we continue with our road trip to Tsitsikamma National Park, we'll take a pause at Bloukrans Bridge to view the world’s highest bungee jump bridge (216 meters). You can feel the adrenaline rush if you wish to! We'll spend the afternoon in Tsitsikamma National Park, soaking in its unique combination of indigenous forest and beautiful Indian Ocean coastline. You can either choose to go for a hike, or just feel your lungs with the freshness. From here, we'll travel for the Big 5 country, Addo!
Meals - Breakfast and dinner
Activities included - Entrance to Tsitsikamma National Park
Optional Activities - Bloukrans bungee jump, R1000, Treetop canopy tour, R660
Day 5 - Addo – Wilderness/Mossel Bay
Addo Elephant National Park ranks third in size after Kruger National Park and the Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park in South Africa, and is home to approximately 600 elephants and some Cape buffalo, lion, black rhino, warthog, zebra, eland, kudu, hartebeest and many more animals. In the morning, we'll set out for game drives and explore the park, to spot some of the animals. Keep your camera ready, for some perfect shots! Later that day, we will drive back to the heart of the Garden Route and spend the night either in Wilderness or Mossel Bay.
Activities included - Entrance and 2-3 hour drive with tour vehicle through Addo Elephant National Park
Optional Activities - 2-hour open vehicle game drive with Addo field guide, R370
Day 6 - Wilderness /Mossel Bay - Cape Town
This morning, after breakfast, we'll hike the Cape St. Blaize trail along the cliffs overlooking the Indian Ocean, and visit the famous Diaz Museum complex, commemorating the first known European exploration around the tip of Africa. If you are one of those seeking an extra dose of adventure, you must try a 10,000-foot tandem skydive or sandboarding on the longest dune-ride in South Africa. Today evening, we'll head back to Cape Town, where this funfilled road trip will come to an end!
Meals - Breakfast
Optional Activities - 10,000 foot tandem skydive, R3000 (extra R600 for video)
Sandboarding the longest dune in South Africa, R500
Dates & Cost
- Qualified guide during explorations
- 24*7 In-country support
- Pick up and drop off facilities
- Air-conditioned transport
- 5 nights’ accommodation (backpacker dorm style)
- Dinners and breakfasts (except day 5)
- Local wine tasting
- Cango Caves adventure tour
- Canoeing and hiking in Wilderness National Park
- Game viewing safari in Addo Elephant National Park
- Hiking in Tsitsikamma National Park
- International Flight tickets
- Visa & vaccinations
- Travel & Medical Insurance (available at an extra cost)
- Meals not mentioned
- Any personal expenditure
- Adventure sports (not mentioned in inclusions) will be charged extra