- Feast your eyes on the countryside beauty of Spain.
- Experience Spanish local living in the Pyrenees.
- Taste the culinary wonders of Basque cuisine in San Sebastian.
- Share the Spaniards’ passion for good wine with a hands-on wine tasting session.
- Experience the variant authentic flavors of Tapas.
- Get in with the unique cosmopolitan vibe of Madrid.
- Get awestruck by Bilbao’s architectural wonders.
- Learn the basic of Spanish mixing with the locals.
Take it slow on this 8-day fast-paced trip and explore the best of Northern Spain starting right from the Catalonian Capital of Barcelona all the way to the cosmopolitan metropolis of Madrid. Northern Spain is truly a hub of bombastic gastronomic delights that are sure to make the foodie-gapper in you ‘be trippin’. When you’re done with your munch fest, give your gut some rest and head out to exercise your sensory nerves exploring the beauty of Spain’s Basque region. Straight from the cultural potbelly in Bilbao to the San Sebastian’s food madness, from tasting the amazing wines of Logroño to experiencing an all-out rural homestay in the mighty Pyrenees. Yes, we have done all this and much more in just over a week! Crazy right?
Day 1 - Kickoff from Barcelona
Arrive in Barcelona at any time and get down on exploring this amazing city. There’s plenty to do and see in Barcelona so we suggest you arrive early to make the most of it! Hurry back in the evening for the adventure begins tonight with a welcome meet and greet with all your fellow wanderlusters.
Day 2 - Head to Pyrenees
Rise and shine! It’s a new day in Spain and it is perfect for you to explore Barcelona a little. Then come afternoon you’ll start your journey north and travel up to Pyrenees (yay, road trip!). Gear up for a fun day in Pyrenees as you’ll be staying in a Casa Rural or a converted farmhouse and enjoying delicious local meals.
Day 3 - Open Day in Pyrenees
Enjoy the scenic beauty of Pyrenees with some exciting hikes or simply explore around your Casa Rural in Ainsa. You have the entire day open to spend as you like so get your list of places going and have a blast!
Day 4 - Make your way to Bilbao
Travel to Bilbao on a private vehicle and arrive in style into the unique Basque region of Spain. After reaching Bilbao in the afternoon you’ll be having the entire day free to explore as you like. Places like the Guggenheim Museum or the Mallona Stairs should be right at the top of your list today! Get out and explore!
Day 5 - Day trip to San Sebastian
Hop aboard a bus for an exciting road trip to San Sebastian and prepare for a day of gastronomic indulgence! Opt to take a pintxos (tapas) tour and delve deeper into the fascinating food culture of the area.
Do try the Jamon Iberico and also the specialty drink of the area which is nothing less a mix between table wine and coca-cola called Kalimotxo. Unique right!take your gut on a trip of a lifetime wandering through the artistic city of San Sebastian. Head back to Bilbao for the night.
Day 6 - Goodbye Bilbao, Hello Logroño
You’ll be traveling to Logroño today and later will be enjoying an exclusive wine tasting in a local restaurant in the Rioja region. The city of Logroño is dotted with beautiful churches, Roman Bridges, plazas and ancient buildings there’s plenty to keep you on your toes and keep you wandering about!
Day 7 - Off to Madrid!
Today you’ll be traveling to the cosmopolitan city of Madrid. You’ve all the time you need to explore the amazing highlights of the capital city on this day. So, get up and out and wander about!
Day 8 - Depart from Madrid or embark on another adventure
Every good thing comes to an end and so has this trip! You can depart at any time and hop on your homebound flight from Madrid. But if you’re not ready to leave yet, you can simply choose from any of our trips in Spain or talk to your trip coordinator to help make arrangements for your journey ahead!
For those who are leaving, Adios, we’ll miss you!
Dates & Cost
- Accommodation in multi-share hostels.
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities.
- Meals included are 6 breakfasts and 2 dinners.
- Wine tasting in Rioja region, Logroño.
- Orientation walk in Barcelona including visits of Gothic Quarter and Las Ramblas.
- Casa Rural stay with traditional meals in Pyrenees.
- Day trip to San Sebastian.
- Madrid orientation walk.
- International/Domestic Airfare.
- Visa Fees.
- Insurance expenses (can be purchased from us at minimal cost).
- Cost of Vaccinations.
- Additional tours and activities (not included as paid for in the itinerary).
- Airport transfers (available at extra cost).