- Walk down the streets of Rome
- Visit the Colosseum and other museums in Rome
- A chance to experience the authentic Italian life at a homestay
- Eat delicious Tuscan cuisine and sample regional wines
- Stroll the lanes of medieval San Gimignano
- Walk along the beautiful Tuscan countryside
- Explore Florence's museums and markets
If you’ve always wanted to forge a deeper bond with a destination, this is your chance. Centered in San Gimignano, this adventure tour places you in the heart of central Tuscany. You’ll free to explore the town, visit vineyards, discover medieval highlights, or embrace your inner artist wandering the Tuscan countryside while living at a local homestay with our generous host. Head out for day trips to visit Siena and Florence. There can surely be no better way to fall in love with Italy!
Day 1 - Arrival in Rome
Welcome to Italy! After your reach, head straight to your hotel and take some rest before the adventure begins! In the evening, once everyone arrives, there will be a brief orientation where you'll get to know in details about the itinerary and also, meet the amazing travelers who'll be with you during this journey!
Day 2 - Rome to San Gimignano
In the morning, we'll have an orientation walk in Rome after which we'll be taking a train and bus to San Gimignano and walk to our home for the next couple of day, which is located just outside the beautiful medieval hill town of San Gimignano. The property owner, Ugo, is a San Gimignano native and is a fountain of information about the area. He lives in one of the apartments in his remodeled medieval house.
Day 3 - 5 Exploring San Gimignano
For the next 3 days, you'll get to immerse yourself fully in the Italian culture. Explore the medieval town of San Gimignano for a new perspective on the town and sweeping views of the area. You'll get to attend a cooking class, go for a day trip to Siena, and explore the Tuscan countryside along the historical Via Francigena path to Montauto. Not just that, but you'll also get to enjoy a wine tasting of some local wines before sitting down to a home-cooked dinner with Ugo, our host.
Day 6 - Day Trip to Florence
Enjoy a day trip to Florence, and head back for a final group dinner in San Gimignano or cook together at your homestay.
Day 7 - Travel from San Gimignano to Rome
Take a train in the morning and head back to Rome. As your amazing trip comes to an end, you can either choose to head back home or set out for another thrilling journey!
Note: Make sure to book your flights after 18:00 hours, on Day 7
Dates & Cost
- Half-day Cooking Class, San Gimignano
- Local Living: Wine Tasting and Home Cooked Dinner at San Gimignano
- Orientation walks in Rome, San Gimignano, and Siena
- Walk along San Gimignano's medieval wall
- Quarter-day walks through the Tuscan countryside to Montauto
- Day trips to Siena and Florence
- Transport between destinations and included activities
- Accommodation - Hotel (1 night), homestay (5 nights)
- Meals Included - 6 breakfasts, 2 dinners
- International/Domestic airfare
- Visa fees
- Insurance (can be purchased from us at a nominal cost)
- Cost of vaccinations
- Any personal expenses
- Cost of meals not mentioned in the itinerary