- Travel across Iceland within a pocket-friendly budget
- Enjoy the Dimmuborgir lava formations and the geothermal area of Námaskarð
- Enjoy the Northern Lights of the Golden Circle
- Explore the beautiful town of Akureyri
- Enjoy breathtaking landscapes & soak in the geothermal heat springs
- View the Vatnajokull glacier
- Watch seals in the Jökulsárlón Glacier Lagoon
- Visit to the Þingvellir National Park and the Skaftafell National Park
- Experience the Skógafoss, Seljalandsfoss, Dettifoss, and Goðafoss waterfalls
This is a fast, full and affordable trip to Iceland that will cover its best highlights for in just 7 days and thereby, be the perfect vacation for you! Iceland has, what we may call as the resplendent hidden gems of this planet which you will not be able to find anywhere but here in this part of the world. This trip will combine the experience of these gems with some free time you will have on your hands to explore plenty of highlights, like glacier lagoons, erupting geysers, national parks, black-sand beaches, and breathtaking waterfalls. If you have that sense of adventure then feeling Iceland under your feet will truly thrill you.
Day 1 - Arrival in Reykjavik
Welcome to Reykjavik. Take some rest on your first day here and absorb the amazing vibe of the northernmost capital of this planet!
Day 2 - Reykjavik to Akureyri
You will be driven to Akureyri and stop for lunch on your way at a local cantina. Explore this beautiful town and opt for a whale-watching tour in the evening.
Day 3 - Akureyri to Bakkagerdi
Visit the Goðafoss Waterfall which is en route to the Mývatn Lake. You will explore the geothermal area of Námaskarð and the Dimmuborgir lava formations. After this, you will visit the Dettifoss Waterfall before reaching Borgarfjörður to spend a night in a local guesthouse.
Day 4 - Bakkagerdi to Hofn
Drive down the coast along the majestic eastern fjords from Borgarfjörður. You will be able to catch a glimpse of the Vatnajokull glacier en route to Hofn. The Vatnajokull glacier is the largest ice cap in Europe.
Day 5 - Hofn to Vik
On your visit to the Jökulsárlón Glacier Lagoon, you will get a chance to see seals sun-bathing on bright blue ice. You can opt to sail to the lagoon by a boat. From here, continue to the Skaftafell National Park and opt to go for a glacier hike. Afterwards, continue to visit Vík.
Day 6 - Vik to Reykjavik
Travel to the Reynisfjara Beach and then continue to the Golden Circle in Drumbo. You can stop at the Skógafoss and Seljalandsfoss waterfalls. After this, visit the Gullfoss Waterfall, Þingvellir National Park, and the Geysir Hot Springs. In the late evening, reach Reykjavík.
Day 7 - Depart from Reykjavik
You can book a flight on the final day of your trip.
Dates & Cost
- Local guesthouse stay at Borgarfjörður
- Visit to Goðafoss Waterfall
- Visit to Mývatn Lake
- Visit to Dimmuborgir and Námaskarð
- Visit to Dettifoss Waterfall
- Visit to Vatnajökull Glacier
- Visit to Jökulsárlón Glacier Lagoon
- Drive to Reynisfjara Beach including the stops of the Skógafoss and Seljalandsfoss Waterfalls.
- The Golden Circle: Gullfoss Waterfall
- Geysir Hot Springs
- Þingvellir National Park
- Transport to/from all included activities and between all destinations
- International/Domestic Airfare
- Visa Fees
- Insurance expenses (can be purchased from us at minimal cost)
- Cost of Vaccinations
- Additional tours and activities (Sight seeing at different destinations and monument entry fees)
Accommodation - Standard hotel (5 nights), local guesthouse (1 night).
In Iceland we use small hotels, guest houses and inns. They are comfortable and clean but do not have many amenities. On occasion in remote areas or in order to stay somewhere unique and character-filled, we will have multi-share accommodations and/or shared facilities.
Meals Included - 6 breakfasts