- Volunteer work on some meaningful projects and help make a difference to the underprivileged section of the community.
- Immerse yourself in the authentic culture and lifestyle, learn more about the land and its people.
- Explore the local markets and don't forget to buy traditional African masks and wood carvings as souvenirs.
- Spot the lioness and her cubs apart from other animals while enjoying thrilling game drives and safaris at the world famous Serengeti National Park, Ngorongoro Conservation Area as well as Lake Manyara National Park.
- Visit the Maasai villages and learn the Swahili language.
You must have figured out by now that the name 'Discover Tanzania' won't be justified if you don't get to experience the best that this African country has to offer you! Well, we will ensure that you get to explore and discover all the amazing things that are there in Tanzania, during your gap year journey to this gorgeous land. You'll be getting engaged in a meaningful volunteering project with children at an orphanage in Arusha. Apart from that, you'll be closely associated with the native, knowing more about their lives and lifestyle, learning their language and savoring the authentic taste of their cuisine. And can any trip to Tanzania be complete without visiting Serengeti? Actually, we have more in store for you! Along with Serengeti, you'll also be visiting Ngorongoro Conservation Area as well as Lake Manyara National Park. So what's stopping you now? Come and join the journey for 3 amazing weeks and 'Discover Tanzania'.
Day 1 - Welcome to Tanzania
You'll have to book your flights for Kilimanjaro International Airport, where you'll be received by our country coordinator. You'll then head towards the volunteer house in Arusha, where you can take some rest and get over your jet lag.
Day 2 - Orientation and City Tour
Today, after breakfast, you'll have a detailed Orientation Session where your coordinator will tell you everything that you need to know about your voluntour in Tanzania. You'll also be provided with basic Swahili lessons before you head out for a city tour of Arusha.
Day 3 - 6 Volunteering at the project site
You'll be working at the child care center in Arusha where underprivileged orphans dwell. Your main work will be spending time with the kids, showering them with enough love and care that they deserve. Volunteers will also get engaged in administrative tasks to streamline the work at placement.
Day 7 - Trip to Maasai Lands
It'll be an amazing experience to visit the Maasai villages and interact with the locals. You'll be spending quite some time at Engikaret Village.
Day 8 - Free day to explore
You can either relax at your accommodation in Arusha or just head out to explore the city. There are a lot of things that you can do, but it's always good to discuss your plans with your coordinator.
Day 9 - 13 Continue with your volunteering work
You'll be continuing with your volunteer work at the orphanage, spending more happy times with the little ones. On Day 11, you'll be taken to meet the HIV/AIDS victims in Outreach Medical Program.
Day 14 - Exploring Tanzania
You'll be heading out to explore the country! Pay a visit to the Coffee Plantations and Chagga Live Museums in Marangu, Moshi.
Day 15 - Set out for the wildlife safari
No trip to Tanzania can be complete without pay a visit to the Big 5! Today, your first stop would be at Lake Manyara National Park and you'll be staying overnight at Jambo Campsite.
Day 16 - Depart for Serengeti via Ngorongoro Conservation Area
All of you must be too excited to head towards Serengeti - one of the world's best wildlife reserves! Considered as a UNESCO World Heritage Site, Ngorongoro Conservation Area is located around 180 km from Arusha, and it'll be absolutely thrilling to cross over these regions. You'll be spending the night at Seronera Campsite.
Day 17 - 18 Explore Serengeti National Park
Go for the wildlife safari to spot the animals in the wild. You'll be spending the night at Simba Campsite on the rim of Ngorongoro Crater. On day 18, you’ll leave for Arusha.
Day 19 - 20 Farewell visit to the Orphanage
These two days, you’ll be visiting the orphanage. Give the warmest hugs to the little ones before bidding goodbye.
Day 21 - Free day to explore the markets
It’s the last day of your trip, so head towards the market and pick up souvenirs for your friends and family. You’ll have a gala dinner party with all your travel mates before winding up your journey.
Day 22 - Flight back home
It’s time to board the flight and head back home. You can ask for airport drop which will be arranged by the local coordinator.
Dates & Cost
- Comprehensive Pre-Departure Guidebook
- 24/7 assistance from support staff and In-country program coordinator
- Airport pickup from Kilimanjaro Airport and transfer to Arusha
- Program Orientation
- Accommodation in volunteer house/hostel
- City tour of Arusha
- 3 meals a day (as mentioned in itinerary)
- Volunteering in Arusha
- Visit to Masai Tribal Villages
- Safari to Lake Manyara National Park, Serengeti National Park and Ngorongoro Crater
- International/Domestic Airfare
- Visa fees and work permit cost
- Travel insurance (available at nominal cost)
- Local transportation to and from program location
- Departure transfer to airport (can be arranged at additional cost)
- Any personal expenses, extra meals, beverages, laundry and any other services which are not mentioned (approximate personal expenses for food and traveling per week would be USD 40 to USD 50)