- Experience the local lifestyle, know more about the culture and history of the place
- Explore the great Amazonian Rainforests and go for adventure trips around the city of Quito
- Visit the Andean plateau with a series of active volcanoes and get to witness the highest active volcano in the world
- Go for mountain biking at Cotopaxi
- Attend Spanish Language Learning Classes while living in the country
- Attend Salsa Classes with professionals
- Visit Montañita and attend surfing lessons
- Visit the UNESCO World Heritage Sites of Ecuador
In a span of 4 weeks during your gap year, the Discover Ecuador Program will take you to some of the most beautiful cities, and let you experience the authentic taste of life. You’ll get to attend Spanish classes in the city of Quito and Montañita, go for Salsa lessons as well surfing courses. Go for an adventurous mountain biking tour of Cotopaxi, spend a few days at the Cuyabeno Wildlife Reserve and absorb the freshness of nature. If you wish to explore Ecuador differently, then there can be no better option than choosing this thrilling trip!
Day 1 - Saturday- Welcome to Ecuador
Arrival in Ecuador. You'll be greeted by our coordinator at the airport, who'll take you to the accommodation in Quito.
Day 2 - Sunday - Explore Quito
It's your free day to explore the city of Quito.
Day 3 - 7 Monday to Friday - Spanish Language Classes
You'll begin with your Spanish Language Learning Course. You'll be having 4 hours of group lessons each day. On Tuesday evening, you'll also attend the Salsa class.
Day 8 - Saturday - Visit Cotopaxi
You'll be going for a day trip to Cotopaxi.
Day 9 - Sunday - Visit Lago Agrio
Today you'll be traveling to Lago Agrio by public transport. (Tickets not included)
Day 10 - 14 Monday to Friday - Jungle tour to Jamu Lodge
5 days/4 nights jungle tour to Jamu Lodge in the Cuyabeno Wildlife Reserve. It'll be a unique experience in the Ecuadorian jungle. All accommodation (dorm style), transport, tours, guide, and meals included. On Friday, you'll be traveling back to Quito (transfer not included).
Day 15 - Saturday - Free Day
Free day to relax and explore on your own.
Day 16 - 22 Sunday to Friday - Traveling to Banos
You'll be traveling to Banos (by public transport, transfer not included). You'll be staying at the hostel in the cozy town of Banos and spend 20 hours this week, in learning Spanish. You'll also get to indulge in adventure sports like mountain biking and canopy walking.
Day 23 - 29 Saturday to Friday - Travel to Montañita
You'll be traveling to Montañita. Start with the Spanish learning and Surfing package in Montañita. Accommodation this week will be in a dormitory cabaña.
Day 30 - Saturday - Time to Leave
You tour ends today, and it's time to head back to home or travel to another destination.
Dates & Cost
- Accommodation in hostels / Student House where mentioned in dorm rooms. Single rooms also available for additional price
- 1 weeks of group classes (20 hours) in Quito
- 1 hour of private Salsa lesson
- Day tour to Cotopaxi
- 1 weeks of group classes (20 hours) in Banos including 3 activities, accommodation (6 nights) breakfast
- 5 days/4 nights Jungle Tour to Cuyabeno, including accommodation, meals, and tours
- 1 week of group classes in Montañita (20 hours) + 5 surf lessons and accommodation (7 nights)
- 2 Transfers to bus station from Quito student house to bus station
- Weekly cocktail and salsa class
- 24/7 emergency phone and travel assistance
- Information package
- Arrival transfer from airport Quito
- Accommodation starts on Saturday night before the programme
- Local Transportation (bus tickets and transfer back to student house after jungle tour)
- Accommodation before the program starts.
- Extra nights before start of program