- Get lost in the winding maze of Medinas and Kasbahs surrounding them.
- Tales of the Bedouin around a campfire- best Desert Camp ever!
- Gaze at the horizon and stretches of sands on Camelback in the Sahara Desert.
- Explore the Hollywood favorite mudbrick Ksar at the edge of Hgh Atlas Mountains- Ait Ben Haddou.
- Feel alive in the colorful chaos of Marrakech.
- Learn the secrets of making drool-dripping Tagine.
- Get your tan on in the funky coastal town of Essaouira.
Relive your fairy-tale Aladdin dreams in the heart of the Sahara Desert and lose yourself in the exotic overdose of Morocco! From the winding ancient Medinas to the Grand Route of 1000 Kasbahs, from a hump-back ride under the Moroccan sun to the desert camp in the middle of world’s largest desert- if Epic has a benchmark, then this trip defines it! The tranquility of Essaouira set in stark contrast against the lively chaos of Marrakech city paint a picture of Morocco right out of the vivid dreams of travelers. Treat your taste buds to the exotic flavors of Morocco and get enchanted by the lores of bedouin abounding myths and legends. Let Morocco surprise you!
Day 1 - Kickoff from Marrakech
Arrive in Marrakech at any time and head out on your own to explore this imperial city of Morocco! The adventure begins tonight with a Big Night Out with the entire group. Later, the group might even head out for an authentic meal in a nearby local restaurant!
Day 2 - Onward to Nkob
Start your day traveling West into the desert and make your way to Nkob and take a deep look into the Berber life of South Morocco!
Day 3 - Off to Merzouga
Tie a turban and get ready for a camelback journey late into the Afternoon under the amazing Moroccan sun. Make your way to the desert camp deep into the dunes, your haven for the night and watch the breath-taking sunset atop sand dunes.
Get lost in the tales of Bedouin while sipping on mint tea and gorging on a sumptuous traditional meal prepared by your generous hosts.
Notes for Sahara Desert Tent Camp Stay
- There will be a chance to repack and take only overnight bags out to the desert.
- Accommodation will be four people per tent and bathroom facilities will be basic and shared.
- Mattresses with sheet and blanket will be provided. For winter months (Nov-April) we recommend bringing sleeping bags.
- You will get a chance to shower upon arrival in Merzouga the next morning.
Day 4 - Head out to Todra Gorge
Rise and shine and get ready for another day of camel riding. Make your first stop at Tinghir and take a walk through its Palm Groves. Keep moving and make your next stop at the beautiful Todra Gorge Canyon- an amazing spot for hiking, sampling local Berber delicacies or just relaxing by the river. Spend the night between sheer cliffs amidst Palm trees and the rhythmic sounds of the River nearby.
Day 5 - Explore the Kasbah of Ait Benhaddou
Embark on a journey along the Route of 1000 Kasbahs and make your way to the Ouarzazate for a lunch stop. After a hearty lunch, continue on towards the fascinating Ait Benhaddou. Opt for a Moroccan cooking class and learn all about the excellent dishes of the region!
Day 6 - Next stop- Essaouira
Travel to the laid-back coastal city of Essaouira and get ready for some beach fun! Later, join the group for an orientation walk with your coordinator through the coastal town.
Day 7 - Fun day out in Essaouira
Get your funky vibe on and gear up for a fun day of exploring and chillaxing in Essaouira! Take a stroll along the sandy beach or hop around the local shops and art galleries or opt to go for surfing/ windsurfing! The entire day is yours. Try the seafood delicacies in the local cafes and check out some amazing live performances in the city!
Day 8 - Depart from Marrakech or embark on another adventure
Continue on to Marrakech where the tour ends upon arrival
Every good thing comes to an end and so has this trip! You can depart at any time and hop on your homebound flight. But if you’re not ready to leave yet, you can simply choose from any of our trips or talk to your trip coordinator to help make arrangements for your journey ahead!
For those who are leaving, Bon Voyage, we’ll miss you!
Dates & Cost
- Meals included are 7 breakfasts and 1 dinner
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities.
- Accommodation in Hotels and 1 night in Tented desert camp
- Big Night Out in Marrakech
- Overnight at Berber Desert Camp, Sahara Bedouin Camp
- Visit Ait Benhaddou Kasbah
- Orientation walk in Essaouira
- Local village farmland walk-in Todra
- International/Domestic Airfare.
- Visa Fees.
- Insurance expenses (can be purchased from us at minimal cost).
- Cost of Vaccinations.
- Additional tours and activities (not included as paid for in the itinerary).
- Arrival transfer (can be arranged for an additional cost)