- Enjoy the smorgasbord of street food and try delicacies like the Coconut pie or the pork hamburger.
- Take a crash course in Salsa and groove to the rhythm.
- Take a walk through the streets of the colonial beach town of Trinidad and experience its amazing nightlife.
- Learn more about the great revolution of Cuba at the Museo de la Revolución in Havana.
- Pop into a tapas bar in Vinales and taste the delicious crayfish fresh from Ancón River.
- Take an evocative sea-drive through the Cuban thoroughfares of Malecón.
- Brush up your Spanish while conversing with the locals.
For those of you who’ve always been enchanted by the old-school charm of Latin America, this Cuban road trip would surely give your gap year plans an ‘off-the-chart’ status. Collect all the pieces of the perfect jigsaw puzzle and set out for the ultimate Cuban adventure. Brush up on your Spanish or leave it all on us as we’ve arranged authentic homestays to give you guys the quintessential Cuban experience. Get sucked into a time-warp as you trot the streets of Havana enlivened with 500 years of rich history or get grooving to Jazz beats and match your steps to the sensuous dance form of Salsa in Trinidad. And if your image of Cuba has always been associated with the revolutionary leader donning a beret- as have legions of youth, then a visit to the museum of the legendary Che Guevara could very well be your fan moment. Hit the beach, explore the outdoors, expect the unexpected and get lost in the indefinable magic of Cuba!
Day 1 - Kickoff from Havana
Arrive in Havana at any time and head out on your own to explore the capital city. Gear up to have an authentic Cuban experience with a homestay for the night.
Day 2 - En route to Viñales
After a small stop at Las Terrazas, continue on to Viñales traveling through lush farms of Sugarcane and Tobacco. Drop by a ‘Vega’ or tobacco plantation and witness before your eyes the making of world-famous Cuban Cigars.
Day 3 - Explore Viñales
Stretching white sand along the perfect Cuban Coastline- you’ve reached Cayo Jutias! Take a day trip to Cayo Jutias and add on more fun with activities like Snorkeling.
NOTE- Due to poor road conditions on the way to Cayo Jutias, the Cuban government has shut down access to the island. Our groups will instead visit Cayo Levisa on this day until the road reopens.
Day 4 - Off to Trinidad
Make your way through the beautiful Cuban countryside and reach the colonial town of Trinidad. Later join us for a fun orientation walk through the town after settling in your homestay.
Day 5 - 6 Explore Trinidad
Attend an included Salsa lesson and learn to shake your hips to Cuban beats. Explore the live music scene of the town and spend your free time roaming the colonial streets. Chillax by the beach or opt to go for Snorkeling and Diving.
Day 7 - Back to Havana
Make a short stop at Santa Clara en route to Havana and learn all about the ties of this city with the legendary revolutionary leader Che Guevara. After reaching Havana, get out and about exploring its grand avenues!
Day 8 - Depart from Havana or embark on another adventure
Every good thing comes to an end and so has this trip! You can depart at any time and hop on your homebound flight. But if you’re not ready to leave yet, you can simply choose from any of our trips or talk to your trip coordinator to help make arrangements for your journey ahead!
For those who are leaving, Adiós, we’ll miss you!
Dates & Cost
- Local homestays in Havana, Trinidad, and Viñales
- Meals included are 7 breakfasts and 1 dinner
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities.
- Salsa lesson in Trinidad
- Arrival transfer
- Che Guevara mausoleum and museum visit in Santa Clara
- Orientation walks in Trinidad and Viñales
- Casa de La Trova visit
- Day trip to Cayo Jutias including lunch
- Las Terrazas bio-reserve visit
- Old Havana walking tour
- Tobacco farm visit.
- International/Domestic Airfare.
- Visa Fees.
- Insurance expenses (can be purchased from us at minimal cost).
- Cost of Vaccinations.
- Additional tours and activities (not included as paid for in the itinerary).
- Airport transfers (available at extra cost).