- Work with an amazing bunch of people for protecting the nature in the gorgeous town of Valencia.
- Gain international work experience during your gap year abroad.
- Be a part of activities like restoring bird habitats, turtle monitoring, planting more trees etc.
- Live with the locals, immerse yourself in the Spanish culture and learn the language.
- Explore the architectural grandeur of the monuments and heritage sites in Valencia.
This is undoubtedly a perfect program for nature lovers and those who are keen on doing something worthy for sustainable environmental development. Located in the picturesque city of Valencia, you'll have an enriching gap year journey while working at the Parque Natural de la Albufera (Albufera Natural Park) and other wetlands, to improve the standard of flora and fauna in the region. You'll be closely associated with a team of experts who are already working for the betterment of the environment. You'll get to spend adequate time amidst nature, apart from learning the Spanish language and exploring the country's nooks and corners.
- Get to know about different Spanish ecosystems and contribute meaningfully towards conservation of the ecosystem.
- Work at the Albufera Natural Park and other surrounding wetlands, monitoring the birds, their nests as well as other animals.
- Go for beach conservation and engage in turtle monitoring.
- Play an active role in tree plantation and prevention of forest fires.
- Find out ways for eradicating invasive vegetation and work for the general park maintenance.
- Go for data collection and surveys along with the staff members.
- Most of the volunteers choose to relax on the beaches and explore the local eateries where amazing barbecues are served.
- You can also attend Spanish language classes, or cookery courses to learn how to prepare the delicious cuisine.
- You can head towards Barcelona or Madrid for a short weekend getaway. Visit the Catedral de la Almudena, the golden triangle of museums, Mezquita of Cordoba Ancient streets and many Renaissance, Baroque, Gothic and Romanesque monuments.
- In case you are a football lover, then go and catch a local game. it'll surely be a treat for you.
- You can also attend some local festival (if it's happening) or a flamenco dance show!
Dates & Cost
- 24/7 Assistance and support from Staff
- Comprehensive Pre- Departure Information
- Airport Pickup at Valencia
- Orientation & Training
- City Tour & Leisure activities
- Accommodation in an apartment
- Travel & Medical Insurance (Available at an extra cost)
- International Airfare
- Visa Fee
- Return Airport Drop
- Local Transportation