- Work with an amazing bunch of people for protecting the nature in the gorgeous town of Valencia.
- Gain international work experience during your gap year abroad.
- Be a part of activities like restoring bird habitats, turtle monitoring, planting more trees etc.
- Live with the locals, immerse yourself in the Spanish culture and learn the language.
- Explore the architectural grandeur of the monuments and heritage sites in Valencia.
This is undoubtedly a perfect program for nature lovers and those who are keen on doing something worthy for sustainable environmental development. Located in the picturesque city of Valencia, you'll have an enriching gap year journey while working at the Parque Natural de la Albufera (Albufera Natural Park) and other wetlands, to improve the standard of flora and fauna in the region. You'll be closely associated with a team of experts who are already working for the betterment of the environment. You'll get to spend adequate time amidst nature, apart from learning the Spanish language and exploring the country's nooks and corners.
- Get to know about different Spanish ecosystems and contribute meaningfully towards conservation of the ecosystem.
- Work at the Albufera Natural Park and other surrounding wetlands, monitoring the birds, their nests as well as other animals.
- Go for beach conservation and engage in turtle monitoring.
- Play an active role in tree plantation and prevention of forest fires.
- Find out ways for eradicating invasive vegetation and work for the general park maintenance.
- Go for data collection and surveys along with the staff members.
- Most of the volunteers choose to relax on the beaches and explore the local eateries where amazing barbecues are served.
- You can also attend Spanish language classes, or cookery courses to learn how to prepare the delicious cuisine.
- You can head towards Barcelona or Madrid for a short weekend getaway. Visit the Catedral de la Almudena, the golden triangle of museums, Mezquita of Cordoba Ancient streets and many Renaissance, Baroque, Gothic and Romanesque monuments.
- In case you are a football lover, then go and catch a local game. it'll surely be a treat for you.
- You can also attend some local festival (if it's happening) or a flamenco dance show!
Dates & Cost
Accommodation - Simple hotels or guesthouse (twin-share) (11 nts), sleeper train (1 nt), homestay (2 nt).
A variety of styles of hotels/guest houses are used in India. These can vary in terms of service, efficiency and cleanliness. In many instances they might not be like what you are used to back home. Power cuts can and are a regular occurrence in many places, especially throughout North and Central India. Although a number of hotels have generators there may be times when these won’t work. It is also recommended when you are in your room to lock the door, as staff will sometime enter without reason.
Meals Included - 1 lunch
Eating is a big part of traveling. Travelling with Go Discover Abroad you experience the vast array of wonderful food that is available out in the world. Generally meals are not included in the trip price when there is a choice of eating options, to give you the maximum flexibility in deciding where, what and with whom to eat. It also gives you more budgeting flexibility, though generally food is cheap. Our groups tend to eat together to enable you to taste a larger variety of dishes and enjoy each other's company. There is no obligation to do this though. Your CEO will be able to suggest favourite restaurants during your trip. Vegetarians will be able to find a huge range of different foods - India is vegetarian heaven. For all trips please refer to the meals included and budget information for included meals and meal budgets.