- Experience the goodness of volunteering for a meaning cause and make a difference.
- Explore the nooks and corners of Ho Chi Minh City, and witness the effect of colonial influence.
- Visit all the UNESCO World Heritage Sites in Vietnam during the weekends.
- Immerse yourself in the Vietnamese culture and lifestyle.
- Savor the local delicacies and learn to cook it as well.
- Go for weekend trips to the beach sides with your fellow travelers to chill and soak in the sun.
One of the most favored backpacker's destinations in Southeast Asia, Vietnam is a picturesque country on the bank of the Mekong River, that has a perfect mixture of the old world charm with sprinkles of modern development. Being a part of the Child Care Program will be an enriching experience for gap year travelers. You'll be closely associated to the natives and work as caregivers for underprivileged kids, most of whom are affected by Agent Orange (effects of a chemical weapon used by the US Army during Vietnam War). Explore the gorgeous country while serving the adorable children and add some values & memories to your life. You'll get to meet several like-minded people from other parts of the world, and widen your social network.
- The main role would be to provide utmost care to the little ones, most of whom are either physically challenged or mentally disabled.
- Coming from underprivileged backgrounds, these kids never receive adequate love and attention from their families, and quite a few of them are orphans. Hence, they need enough love from you.
- The centers where you will be placed, each of them has nearly 75 to 80 children and not enough caregivers. You might have to do administrative work as well.
- You can provide basic educational lessons and keep the kids in activities through which they can learn.
- Play with the kids or take them out for excursions, with the coordinator's permission.
- Visit the bustling city of Hanoi, the Vietnamese capital that will offer you a perfect mix of the East with the West.
- Head towards Halong Bay to witness the emerald waters, dotted with thousands of towering limestone islands topped by rainforests.
- A cruise on the Mekong River just can't be missed!
Dates & Cost
- 24/7 Assistance and support from staff
- Comprehensive Pre- Departure Information
- Pick up from the airport
- Food (2-3 times a day as mentioned in the itinerary)
- Accommodation at the volunteer house
- Travel & Medical Insurance (Available at an extra cost)
- International/Domestic Airfare
- Visa fees
- Travel insurance (available at nominal cost)
- Entry fees at monuments
- Local transportation to and fro program location
- Departure transfer to airport (can be arranged at nominal cost)
- Any personal expenses