- Chance to assist in a rural community nursery school
- Work with disadvantaged, orphaned and vulnerable children in Malawi
- Teach basic English to preschool kids and help prepare them for school
- Provide porridge daily as part of a feeding programme to reduce malnourishment
- Teach children about the importance of basic hygiene & health
- Organise and run afternoon sports sessions with older children
- Help to create and run a library club along with the staff
- Feel part of the community and experience the hospitality and culture of the friendly community
If you are one of those people who loves spending time with kids, then we would suggest you opt for the Child Care Volunteering Program in Malawi and contribute meaningfully towards the lives of the little ones. A perfect way to spend your gap year, this will be an opportunity for you to explore the gorgeous African country and make a difference to the society. Due to extreme poverty, parents often fail to provide adequate support to their children, and the kids live an ignored life without basic education. Go Discover Abroad, in association with local NGOs, aims to provide a better life to the little ones.
You'll be working at the Child Care Centers or Nursery Schools where there are about 30-150 children with just one or two teachers. Thus, you can well understand why volunteers are needed and how much your contribution will be valued.
- As a volunteer, you will be helping the teaching staff to keep the children entertained, assisting with basic education and helping with the daily feeding program.
- You can arrange co-curricular classes for drama, music, arts, and crafts, depending on your personal interests.
- Being a volunteer, it's your responsibility to see that the kids follow a proper diet and live a hygienic life.
- Assist in setting up a library where the children will have access to various kinds of books.
- If you have interest in any particular sport, you can coach the little ones as well.
- Liwonde National Park is a popular safari destination where you can spend your weekend. Go for game viewing drives, boat rides on the Shire River and much more. Nature lovers can opt for a jungle trek as well.
- You can also head to the Cape Maclear which has a number of small tourist lodges, offering great snorkeling, kayaking, scuba diving and amazing food!
- Zomba Plateau is a good place for walking and enjoying the views, relaxing in the cooler climate, or horse riding for those who want to spend a quaint weekend.
Dates & Cost
- 24/7 Assistance and support from Staff
- Comprehensive Pre- Departure Information
- Airport Pickup at Lilongwe international airport
- Transport to and from the project
- Certificate of appreciation
- Meal - Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner
- Accommodation at the volunteer house/ homestay
- Return Airfare
- Visa Fee
- Return Airport Drop (Can be arranged at extra cost)
- Travel & Medical Insurance (Available at an extra cost)
- Any other personal expenses