- Make your way through Fraser Island, the largest sand island in the world and explore its panoramic viewpoints.
- Discover one of the best-kept paddling secrets of the Sunshine coast and explore the pristine waters of the Noosa Everglades.
- Feast your senses on the sensational 74 island wonder that is Whitsunday Islands.
- Snorkel down into the Great Barrier Reef and earn lifelong bragging rights.
- Sail to the resort town of Airlie Beach and have an exciting night out on the town.
- Sunbathe on the pearl white sands and swim the crystal clear waters of Whitehaven Beach, also known as one of the best beaches in the world!
- Zip over dunes in a 4x4 on a remote sand island
For all you travelers long on travel goals but short on time, this is your chance to escape the ordinary and set out on an amazing ride through the Oz! Discover the amazing East Coast of Australia and the diversity of Queensland with fast, fresh and exciting adventures made especially for the young, budget-minded travelers. Australia’s diversity in terms of people, culture, and geography is truly transcendent, and a journey up the iconic coastal stretch of Queensland is nothing short of super awesome! Hop on and hop off of yachts, trains, 4x4s, buses and what have you, and make the most of what Australia has to offer. Explore the iconic sandy vastness of Fraser Island, embark on maxi-yacht sailing through the epic Whitsunday Islands or snorkel and explore the vibrant reefs. This short trip will give you throwback worthy memories for a lifetime!
Day 1 - Kickoff from Brisbane
Arrive in Brisbane at any time and directly check into the hostel. There aren’t any planned activities during the day so you have quite a window to explore this amazing city, its sights, and scenes! But don’t get too lost in exploring as you need to head back to the welcome meeting at the hotel in the evening to join the others in the group.
Day 2 - off to explore Fraser Island
A 4X4 private bus and ferry ride later, you will be reaching world’s largest sand island, the Fraser Island. On the beach, you can enjoy a drive along the 100km stretch or go a swim in the Lake McKenzie and enjoy a rainforest walk as a bonus.
Day 3 - Fraser Island to Noosa Everglades
Hop on aboard a 4X4 and explore the remaining hotspots on the Fraser Island. Or set off on a private excursion throughout the island and don’t forget to hit up Eli Creek and the Maheno Shipwreck.
Later on set out for an evening out in the wilderness and make your way towards the Noosa Everglades. You can canoe about the Riverside Camp or relax around a campfire with the group! This overnight excursion is truly da-bomb!
Day 4 - Onward to Emu Park
Catch a train up the Capricorn Coast and travel to the charming seaside village of Emu Park. After exploring this beautiful tourist town and a relaxing stroll through the beach, treat your taste buds to an authentic Aussie barbeque or as they call it ‘Barbie’ in the evening!
Day 5 - Sail around Whitsunday Islands
Set out for a 3-day maxi yacht sailing adventure. The maxi yacht is going to be your home on the water for the next 3 days in which you’ll be setting sail to the north towards the town of Airlie Beach. After enjoying the island bush walks and snorkeling in the reefs, you’ll head out to a secluded cove in the Whitsunday Island and anchor off the secluded tropical islands at night.
Day 6 - Explore Whitsunday Islands and drop anchor in the night
The sailing route today will take us through a part of Captain Cook’s route up through the Whitsunday Islands. You can head out for a hike to an island overlooking the pearly sand Whitehaven Beach or you can scuba dive and explore the underwater wonders! End of the day we drop anchor off a secluded bay again.
Day 7 - Whitsunday Islands to Airlie Beach
Another half a day at the sea and you’ll be reaching the resort town of Airlie Beach. Sail through the gorgeous backdrop of Whitsunday Islands and feast your eyes on the beauteous secluded coves and tiny islands passing by. Shake off your sea legs and head out for a fun night on land in a beach hostel and relax by the pool.
Day 8 - Next stop, Cairns
Admire the scenery on the train north to Tully and spend an entire day immersed in the traditional culture of the Aboriginals.
Rise and shine and look chipper cause next on we’re heading to the gateway of the Great Barrier Reef, Cairns. Your journey back from Airlie Beach to Cairns may be one of the longer travel days on this trip- so boys and girls, stock up your refreshments and entertainments!
Day 9 - A free day to explore Cairns
Enjoy this free day to visit the Great Barrier Reef or go for the umpteen adventure activities available like Skydiving, whitewater rafting, bungee jumping etc. Round off this amazing day with a ‘raise the roof’ Big Night Out on town! Also, there's a lot to see and do in Cairns, so have your list ready and if ideas have gone (Poof) from your mind you can simply hit up your tour coordinator to help with your to-do list.
Day 10 - Depart from Cairns or embark on another adventure!
Every good thing comes to an end and so has this trip! You can depart at any time and hop on your homebound flight. But if you’re not ready to leave yet, you can simply choose from any of our trips in Australia or talk to your trip coordinator to make arrangements for your journey ahead!
For those who are leaving, Au Revoir, we’ll miss you!
Dates & Cost
- Meals included are 6 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 4 dinners.
- All Accommodations
- Fraser Island Overnight Excursion
- Noosa Everglades Overnight Experience
- Entrance fees to Cooloola Recreation Area and Fraser Island in Great Sandy NP.
- Whitsunday Islands sailing excursion (3 days).
- Whitehaven Beach visit.
- Big Night Out- Cairns
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- International/Domestic Airfare
- Visa Fees
- Insurance expenses (can be purchased from us at minimal cost)
- Cost of Vaccinations
- Additional tours and activities (not included as paid for in the itinerary)
- Airport transfers (available at extra cost)