- Become a pro-animal observer and keep a track of the behavior and movement of elephant herds, lion prides, endangered rhinos, elusive leopards, and the impressive buffalos.
- Become an instrumental part of South African conservation initiatives.
- Interact and enhance local communities interest and involvement in wildlife conservation and environment.
- Live it up in your own private lodge in the heart of South Africa’s famous Big 5 Greater Kruger Area.
- Explore the Blyde Canyon or take a trip down the awetatsic Panorama route and make the most of your time in South Africa.
- Immerse yourself in the real South Africa, with the people and its amazing wildlife.
Charge ahead Wanderlusters and take your travel plans to South Africa by its horns for we are here to bring you the bomb of a voluntour package through the wildlife paradise. Set in the vicinity of one of the largest Game Reserves of the continent, The Greater Kruger Area, you’re in for a unique African experience!
We have come to find real conservation efforts calls for an active participation of the people, especially the communities living right at its doorstep. And we have decided to inject our ‘eager to make a change’ volunteers like you smack dab in the middle of it all. Forget about just viewing the African Big 5s like a passer-by, you’ll be running in league with them, which is just gonna be Legendary!
Working with the animals takes you just halfway through and the other half is just going to be about impacting and inspiring the adjacent communities for joining in on conservation efforts. And obviously a good dose of adventure in the wilderness of Africa!
Now that you’ve heard about all the big responsibilities you’re gonna shoulder as a conservation volunteer in South Africa, let’s take a quick look through the work that you’ll be doing individually as well as part of a team!
- Your dexterity in English plays a strong hand in this project. Bring your creativity into planning lessons and make English learning fun for the kids in the community.
- Youth empowerment is one of the mantras for making our conservations efforts a success. You’ll be underscoring the importance of conservation and wildlife to the youth of the communities through games, crafts, and informal lessons.
- Our farming efforts are making great strides in uplifting the local communities. You will be lending a hand in creating and maintaining vegetable gardens & spreading this goodness to others by producing vegetable garden starter kits.
- Along with our skilled guides and researchers, you’ll go on game drives combing through the wild for the Big 5 and a variety of Africa’s wildlife. You will be observing, reporting and maintaining records of these animals for an ongoing research database.
- Conservation work beyond the research goes on to include physical activities like conducting snare sweeps, removing invasive plants and making the land wildlife friendly.
- Once data collection is done in the wild, you will be using your data to make ID Kits. This will be further used to create maps and reports that will further help in maintaining vital statistics.
Make an exciting weekend out of the Peninsula tour and can simply drop by the Good Hope Nature Reserve, Hout Bay, Seal Island, Simons Town and more along the way!
Work off your trotters and hike up the Table Mountain or simply sit back and relax on a cable car. See you at the top!
Take up surfing lessons on the weekends and enjoy the amazing swells of Cape Town.
Faceoff a shark in a cage deep down in the ocean and feel your heart thumping out of your chest!
Dates & Cost
- Comprehensive Pre-Departure Info
- 24/7 assistance from our in-country support team.
- Program and country orientation
- Accommodation in Volunteer house
- Airport transfers on arrival and departure
- Daily transport to project sites
- Full-time housekeeping service.
- 3 meals a day from the kitchen of our great chefs.
- International/Domestic Airfare
- Visa Fees
- Insurance expenses (can be purchased from us at minimal cost)
- Weekend activities are non-inclusive and come at an extra cost
- Cost of Vaccinations