Trip HighlightsTrip code: BCWRPK
- Volunteer in Maasai Mara, the epic safari destination, home of the big 5 and one of the largest game reserves in the world.
- Experience living in the wilderness of Africa in a remote and authentic safari camp.
- Research on predators like Lions, Leopards, and Cheetahs and monitor their behavior in their natural habitat.
- Spend a weekend of luxury at the fancy neighboring Eco-safari lodge along-with adventure outings in the Maasai Mara reserve.
- Work alongside the legendary Maasai people and learn more about the bush culture.
- Witness the Great Wildebeest Migration, the most dramatic spectacle of wildlife on Earth - And it is nothing short of amazing!
All of you people whose ‘Wander-Lists’ have been all about Africa, if you have been jonesing to witness some raw wildlife action, now is your chance to Carpe Diem it and make it happen! And when it comes to adventures in the wild Africa, Maasai Mara, without an ounce of doubt takes the prize.
As our volunteers in Kenya, you’ll be engaged in exciting conservation and wildlife research activities. You will also be volunteering in an atypical teaching project at the Koiyaki guiding school training young Maasai guides to help them become safari guides and running informative wildlife classes at the local Maasai schools. The project will be based in Naboisho Conservancy at the heart of the Maasai Mara Reserve in Kenya.
Roles and Responsibilities
- As the name of the project dictates, your work is going to be all about the big cats in the reserve. You will be engaged in monitoring the big cat populace out in the wild and collecting data to support conservancy management work.
- You will be going out on game counts regularly to measure and keeping a tab on the number of wildlife species in the conservancy.
- Our busy bee volunteers are much-driven by conservation work and thus we have worked in a good dose of it into the project! Your conservation activities during volunteering will include road identification, erosion control, alien plant removal and recording new species as well.
- We have joined hands with Elephant Voices and we have decided to bring some extra attention to these gentle giants. As our volunteers, you will get busy in collecting observations on the location, size, and composition of elephant groups to create a knowledge network.
- You will be sent out on weekly game drives and interactive sessions at the Koiyaki Guiding School to interact with the students. As an added bonus, you’ll learn a lot about the Maasai people and also about what goes into the making of a perfect African Safari guide!
What you can do in your free time?
- Get a skip in your step and go out for an exciting day trip to the world famous reserve. Feast your eyes on the regal black rhino and marvel at the wonder that is The Great Migration of the wildebeest!
- Go for a hot balloon safari over the Maasai Mara reserve and get a bird’s eye view of the amazing wildlife from up above. Be prepared for some major chills and thrills mid-air.
- Go out for a 2-hour guided walking safari through the conservancy with local Maasai experts.
- Put on those nice walking kicks and go out for a strenuous but rewarding trek up to a nearby peak. Once at the top, the 360-degree view of the reserve will make your heart skip a beat
Dates & Cost
- Comprehensive Pre-Departure Info
- 24/7 assistance from our in-country support team.
- Program and country orientation
- Accommodation in Volunteer house
- Airport transfers on arrival and departure
- Daily transport to project sites
- Full-time housekeeping service and laundry services.
- 3 meals a day from the kitchen of our great chefs.
- International/Domestic Airfare
- Visa Fees
- Insurance expenses (can be purchased from us at minimal cost)
- Weekend activities are non-inclusive and come at an extra cost
- Cost of Vaccinations