- Explore Bangkok and visit the Wat Pho
- Go for a Klong riverboat tour
- Live in a raft house in Kanchanaburi
- Explore the Erawan Falls & Bridge on the River Kwai, Kanchanaburi
- Go for Thai-Burma Railway Centre and Allied War Cemetery visit
- Explore the ruins of Ayutthaya
- Travel to Chiang Mai and visit Doi Suthep Temple
- Meet travelers from different parts of the world
Are you planning for a short trip to Thailand, for about a week or so? Well, Go Discover Abroad has an amazing itinerary that'll take you from Bangkok to Chiang Mai via Kanchanaburi & Ayutthaya in just a span of 7 days! Explore the magnificent temples & palaces, ride a Klong Boat on the Chao Phraya River, take a road trip from Bangkok to Kanchanaburi and then a rail ride from Ayutthaya to Chiang Mai and go on a hike in the Doi Suthep National Park! Well, we've got you covered so that you can tick off all that's there on your Thailand bucket list.
Day 1 - Arrival in Bangkok
Welcome to 'The Land Of Smiles'. Your adventure begins today as you'll embark on your journey from Bangkok. Meet our country coordinator who'll brief you about the itinerary. In case you reach early in the day, you can head out and explore this bustling city and soak in its vibes.
Day 2 - Bangkok to Kanchanaburi
Today, we'll be exploring Bangkok before leaving for Kanchanaburi. Hop on a longtail boat on the busy Chao Phraya River and gaze at the life on the river bank. Visit the Wat Pho, which is popularly known as the Temple of Reclining Buddha. Explore the large temple premises and other compounds to see other Buddha figures, murals and the chedis that contain the ashes of Buddha.
You can explore the market that's right outside Wat Pho.
Later in the day, board the private vehicle along with other travelers and travel to Kanchanaburi. Enjoy a unique homestay experience aboard a floating raft house on the famous River Kwai. Relax, swim, and mingle with locals in the community.
Day 3 - Kanchanaburi
It's time to explore this offbeat destination in Thailand. Head towards the Erawan Falls and absorb the beauty of the seven-tier waterfalls that offer a unique experience at every climb, reaching up to 1,500m (4921 ft). Swim in the turquoise pools, snap photos from the top tier and opt to hike in the jungle to spot monkeys.
Later, head off to visit the Allied War Cemetery, the Thai-Burmese Railway Museum, and JEATH (Japan, England, America, Thailand, and Holland) War Museum to learn about the Death Railway's dark history.
It'll be a worthwhile experience, knowing more about the country's past.
Day 4 - Kanchanaburi to Ayutthaya
We'll hop on the private vehicle and kick-start our journey towards Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya - popularly known as the Old Capital City. Marked as a UNESCO World Heritage Site, the ruins of this city include stunning pagodas and Buddha images. You can also opt to visit Chan Kasem National Museum and Chao Sam Phraya Museum.
Day 5 - Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya to Chiang Mai
Today is your free day to explore Ayutthaya, so make the most of it and tick off everything that's there on your travel bucket list. We'll catch the night train and travel to Chiang Mai.
Day 6 - Explore Chiang Mai
Tucked away from the beaches, Chiang Mai is a gorgeous city in Northern Thailand that deserves to be explored. Visit Wat Phra That Doi Suthep, a golden Buddhist temple outside of Chiang Mai on the Mt Doi Suthep. Climb 300 steps to reach the temple and be rewarded with an unforgettable view.
You can attend a cooking class in the afternoon, and don't miss out walking around the night market! Your time in Chiang Mai will pass by the wink of an eye, and you'll surely crave for more!
Day 7 - Journey Ends!
The amazing trip comes to an end today! You can book your return flights from Chiang Mai, or head towards another destination from here - probably Laos!
Dates & Cost
- Overnight Rafthouse Excursion, Kanchanaburi
- Wat Pho visit
- Klong riverboat tour in Bangkok
- Erawan Falls and Bridge on the River Kwai visit, Kanchanaburi
- Thai-Burma Railway Centre and Allied War Cemetery visit, Kanchanaburi
- Temple ruins tour (Ayutthaya)
- Doi Suthep temple visit (Chiang Mai)
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Accommodation - Hotels/guesthouses (4 nights), raft house (1 night), sleeper train (1 night)
- Meals - 5 breakfasts, 1 dinner
- International Airfare
- Visa fees
- Travel insurance (available at nominal cost)
- Meals not mentioned
- Any additional personal expenses