- Search for lemurs and unique wildlife in Madagascar
- Experience an unforgettable sunrise and sunset at Baobab Alley
- Explore the peculiar rock formations of the UNESCO classified Tsingy de Bemaraha Strict Nature Reserve
- Enjoy the views of the Manambolo River on a canoe
You must have seen the popular animated movie - Madagascar - where a bunch of animals finds themselves stranded in this paradise-like island! Now, it's your chance to head towards this pristine African island and explore it's beaches and wildlife scenes. This 8-day adventure will introduce you to Africa’s most underrated island and you'll be exploring Bekopaka’s famed Baobab Alley, the stunning weathered rock formations of the Tsingy de Bemaraha Strict Nature Reserve, a canoe ride to caves along the Manambolo River, and if luck favors, you can even have an encounter with the odd lemur! Spice up your gap year experiences by embarking on this journey and create memories that would last for a lifetime.
Note: From July 2018, this trip will begin and end at Morondava. The Itinerary from Morondava to Bekopaka and back to Morondava remains same.
Day 1 - Antananarivo
Welcome to Madagascar! You'll have to take a flight to Ivato International Airport, which is the main international airport serving Antananarivo, the capital of Madagascar. Head towards the hotel and later you can go out to explore the city. There will be a Welcome Meeting in the evening, so make sure to return back on time.
Day 2 - Antananarivo to Miandrivazo
You'll be traveling through the Madagascar Highlands to the village of Miandrivazo, where you'll be staying for the night.
Day 3 - Miandrivazo to Morondava
Today you'll be traveling to the beach town of Morondava. Enjoy relaxing at the beach or take a stroll, and savor the delicious cuisine.
Day 4 - Morondava to Bekopaka
Wake up early to catch the sunrise at the Baobab Alley. And later continue towards Bekopaka, the gateway to the National Park of Tsingy de Bemaraha.
Day 5 - 6 Tsingy de Bemaraha National Park
Early in the morning of Day 5, we'll set out on a canoe along the Manambolo River and stop to visit caves filled with stalactites, stalagmites and the famous tomb of the Vazimba tribe. Later in the day, we'll head to explore the National Park of Tsingy de Bemaraha, which is classified as a UNESCO World Heritage Site, made up of a maze of rock formations indigenous to Madagascar. On the next day, we shall keep continuing our adventure in the national park.
Day 7 - Bekopaka to Morondava
It'll be another day of driving back on the sandy track passing through Baobab Alley. There will be a group farewell dinner tonight, before the trip wraps up.
Day 8 - Morondava to Antananarivo
You'll be boarding a flight from Morondava to Antananarivo.
Note: Due to the unpredictability of local flights, there might arise a situation where we are unable to secure your domestic flight. In that case, we will transport you in comfortable vehicles. This journey can take approximately 10 hours.
Dates & Cost
- Sunrise and sunset trips at Baobab Alley
- The 4x4 journey between Morondava and Bekopaka
- Tsingy de Bemaraha Strict Nature Reserve guided visit
- Canoe excursion on the Manambolo River
- Internal flight
- All transport between destinations and to/from activities
- Accommodation - Simple hotels (4 nights), huts (3 nights)
- Meals - 3 breakfasts, 3 dinners
- International Airfare
- Visa fees
- Travel & Medical Insurance (Available at an extra cost)
- Entry fees at monuments
- Meals not mentioned above
- Transfer to/from airport (can be arranged at nominal cost)
- Any personal expenses