Terms And Conditions
Terms and Conditions of Service - Go Discover Abroad
Your access and use of www.godiscoverabroad.com are subject to the following terms and conditions and is an agreement between you (the individual) and Volunteering Travel Solutions Pvt. Ltd. “Go Discover Abroad” “GDA” , “us” , “we” , “our” refer to Go Discover Abroad
When you submit an online application for a Go Discover Abroad service, you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions listed below.
By applying to volunteer with GDA, you would agree to the following terms:
Go Discover Abroad does not arrange flights or make any travel arrangements to your program location. It is the your own responsibility to arrange your own air fares and travel to the program location. Go Discover Abroad provides advise and pre departure information to you, it is your responsibility to obtain all necessary travel documents, such as visa, work permits etc.
You are responsible for ensuring your travel documents are complete and upto date for your travel. Go Discover Abroad cannot accept the responsibility if entry is denied to a country due to incorrect visa or travel documents.
Travel insurance is compulsory for all participants of Go Discover Abroad. All participants need to buy full comprehensive medical insurance for their time of stay in our project. It is your sole responsibility to purchase your own travel insurance.
Please ask us for details at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details on how to buy Insurance from Go Discover Abroad. The Insurance is provided by a third party vendor and Go Discover Abroad does not take any responsibility towards claims or disputes with the Insurance provider with the client. You can also buy insurance from your any other agent or company.
Go Discover Abroad provides highly affordable programs and our Booking Deposit is amongst the lowest, as a result we do not provide a complete refund policy. Please read the details of application and program fee payments below.
The Booking Deposit is Non-Refundable and in case of cancellation by the customer, the booking deposit can be utilised on any future trip of the customers choice.
If Go Discover Abroad is not able to provide the booked program/trip to the customer, the Booking Deposit would be refunded after a deduction of US$50 (or equivalent).
You will find the complete program costs on each program page on the website. Go Discover Abroad reserves the right to change the program fee anytime without any prior information. All program fee are due 90 days from your program start date, if you fail to make your program/trip fee payment before this time Go Discover Abroad has the right to cancel your program.
Cancelation of program/trip by you
Go Discover Abroad needs to get cancelation requests at least 30 days before your program start date. Go Discover Abroad incurs a lot of charges in order to provide suitable program to the client.
Our cancellation policy for all programs is:
- If you cancel 90 - 60 days before you program start date – 70% refund of program fee (less $50 admin charges) – No Refund of Booking Deposit
- If you cancel between 59 – 30 days before program start date – 50% refund of program fee (less $50 admin charges) – No Refund of Booking Deposit
- If you can between 30 days of your program start date – No Refund of program fee – No Refund of Booking Deposit
- Cancellation after program/trip start date - No Refund of program fee – No Refund of Booking Deposit
Cancellation of program by Go Discover Abroad
Incase Go Discover Abroad has to cancel the your program due to certain operational reasons, Go Discover Abroad will refund part of the remaining time period of the project fee calculated on a pro-rata basis excluding the Booking Deposit of US$250 and 5% (seven percent) bank charges.
If your program is cancelled by Go Discover Abroad due to any uncertain natural calamities (for example – earthquake, floods, typhoon, cyclone, tsunami etc.) your Program & Booking Deposit would not be refunded under such circumstances.
Payment of refunds
Go Discover Abroad will refund the applicable refund amount to the client within 30 (thirty) days of confirmation of cancellation.
Go Discover Abroad would not provide any compensation whatsoever for any of it's programs.
Go Discover Abroad adds a 4% international banking fee, which is charged at the time of online payment by using credit or debit cards.
Program Change by you
All program participants are allowed to make ONE change to their choice of program and dates applied for (at no extra charges) before their booking has been confirmed by Go Discover Abroad. A charge of $100 is applicable for any subsequent change to the program from your side.
Use of Photos and Feedback
By agreeing to the terms and conditions you agree that Go Discover Abroad can use your photos and written feedback while at the project to post on its website www.godiscoverabroad.com Go Discover Abroad might use such material for marketing/promotion in form of brochure/emails/ or on its website. Go Discover Abroad also uses photos and material from our partners and affiliations abroad and in India and is not responsible for a claims arising towards that material/photos/content. This includes photos and videos posted on our Facebook page and other social media network sites.
The volunteer acknowledges and accepts the responsibilities and risks associated with their agreement to travel to, temporarily live in and provide volunteer services in a developing country. Such travel and volunteer work can be often hazardous and involves a certain degree of risk, inherently dangerous activities and personal perils to the volunteer, both foreseen and unforeseen, all of which are fully accepted by and solely assumed by the volunteer. Therefore, Go Discover Abroad including any and all of its employees, managers, directors, shareholders, host families and host country partner organizations are not liable, to the maximum extent of the law, for any loss or harm the volunteer or associates may suffer, including but not limited to loss caused by:
- Personal injury
- Civil Unrest
- Dangers associated with wild or other animals
- Religious Activities
- High Altitude
- Emotional injury
- Illness or disease
- War or Act of Terrorism
- Damage to or loss of property
- Accident or illness in remote regions without means of rapid evacuation or availability of medical supplies and facilities
- Adequacy of medical attention once provided
You accept and acknowledge and confirm that personal injury or illness, emotional trauma, property damage and death can occur by natural causes or activities of persons or animals, either as a result of negligence or because of other reasons.
By applying for our programs online your confirm that you have read and agree to our terms & you are waiving of any Liability that, amongst other things:
- Forever releases us, our owners, our directors, our shareholders, our employees and any persons or groups associated to us of all liability;
- Forever signifies that you are waiving any claims against us, our owners,our directors, our shareholders, our employees and any persons or groups associated to us, and expressly assuming all risks associated with participating in any of our programs.
Vaccinations and Health
We may offer you a list of suggested immunizations and travel health tips based on such publicly available sources as the United States Center for Disease Control. However you understand that we are not medical professionals and have no medical expertise whatsoever. We strongly recommend all our participants that you visit a medical professional before your trip; however, it is your sole responsibility to arrange and determine any required immunizations and medical procedures that you may need before, during and after your time in the field with us. It is your sole responsibility to arrange and administer any vaccinations/immunizations required to be taken for travel to the country of your program.
Furthermore, you accept and acknowledge that we have no responsibility regarding the adequacy of any medical care, medical equipment, medical supplies and or any evacuation plan that may be provided to you before, during or after your program. You are solely responsible for your own welfare, and you accept and acknowledge any and all risks of personal injury or illness, emotional trauma, property damage and death that may occur as a result of you joining one of our programs.
‘Go Discover Abroad’ is an Agent to provide programs
You understand that ‘Go Discover Abroad’ is an agent acting on behalf of suppliers, hereinafter “Local Partners/Local Coordinators” You accept, understand and acknowledge that we organize, promote and offer programs that offer accommodation, transportation and other services provided by our Local Partners/Local Coordinators, which are independent and separate entities from Go Discover Abroad, and over which we have no authority or oversight.
Some examples of Local Partners include but are not limited to hotels, restaurants, taxi drivers, tour guides and travel agencies, as well as the entities where you may volunteer in, for example local biological reserves, clinics and hospitals, nonprofits, local travel companies, local coordinatos, staff of other local hosting companies and schools.
By applying for our programs online your confirm that you have read and agree to our terms & you are waiving us of any Liability that, amongst other things forever releases us, our owners, our directors, our shareholders, our employees and any persons or groups associated to us of all liability related to:
- Any of our Local Partners´ negligent or willful acts, or failures to act including, without limitation, their partial or complete failure to deliver services to you; any personal injury or illness, emotional trauma, property damage or death which arises out of any service provided to you by our Local Partners;
- Any error, misrepresentation or mistake, whether intentional or unintentional, made by any of our Local Partners/Local Coordinators, local staff members, travel companies etc.
Code of Conduct
You agree that you would abide by the rules and regulations set out by our partner organizations in the home country. If we or our in-country partners find your behavior unsatisfactory due to drugs, alcohol, stress, abuse or a medical condition. Your program would be terminated under the following conditions:
- If we find that you are engaged in any illegal activities or convicted of any criminal activities before or during the Project Period
- If it is believed that any of your action or behavior is threatening or unacceptable to the society or anyone involved with the project based on the judgment of the project staff and/or the in country coordinator.
- Any information provided by you to Go Discover Abroad during the time of enrollment is incorrect.
- You voluntarily decide to opt out of the program in between.
- If you are found taking drugs or using such material while in the project.
- If you are found to be engaged in sexual behavior while your stay in the host family.
- If you do not observe the Code Of Conduct in your host country.
- In case the agreement is terminated due to any of the above reasons or reasons relating to the above, you will not be entitled to any refund from Go Discover Abroad
Go Discover Abroad has the right to cancel any placement of an enrolled volunteer before start date.
- User expressly agrees that use of Go Discover Abroad is at user's sole risk. Neither Go Discover Abroad its affiliates nor any of their respective employees, agents, third party content providers or licensors warrant that Go Discover Abroad will be uninterrupted or error free; nor do they make any warranty as to the results that may be obtained from use of Go Discover Abroad, or as to the accuracy, reliability or content of any information, service, or merchandise provided through Go Discover Abroad.
- Go Discover Abroad is provided on an "as is" basis without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, warranties of title or implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, other than those warranties which are implied by and incapable of exclusion, restriction or modification under the laws applicable to this agreement.
- In no event will Go Discover Abroad or any person or entity involved in creating, producing or distributing Go Discover Abroad or the Go Discover Abroad software/content, be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or punitive damages arising out of the use of or inability to use Go Discover Abroad. User hereby acknowledges that the provisions of this section shall apply to all content on Go Discover Abroad
- Go Discover Abroad does not take any direct responsibly for the use of third party online payment facility. HDFC Bank / PAYPAL will not be responsible for any malfunction in their software for online payment. All disputes arising with Credit Card fraud will Directly be dealt with HDFC Bank or PAYPAL (Depending on the payment method you used for Payment).
- In addition to the terms set forth above, neither Go Discover Abroad, nor its affiliates, information providers or content partners shall be liable regardless of the cause or duration, for any errors, inaccuracies, omissions, or other defects in, or untimeliness or inauthenticity of, the information contained within Go Discover Abroad, or for any delay or interruption in the transmission thereof to the user, or for any claims or losses arising therefrom or occasioned thereby. None of the foregoing parties shall be liable for any third-party claims or losses of any nature, including, but not limited to, lost profits, punitive or consequential damages. Neither Go Discover Abroad nor its affiliates, information providers or content providers warrant or guarantee the timeliness, sequence, accuracy or completeness of this information. Additionally, there are no warranties as to the results obtained from the use of the information.
- Go Discover Abroad does not take any responsibility of photos and documentation provided by our partners and affiliations abroad, who might supply such material to other businesses of similar nature as well. If anyone has any objection to any part of the site, will write to us formally, for us to take appropriate action.
- Go Discover Abroad does not take any responsibility of any third party links from our site and will not be held responsible for content or service provided on those sites.
These Terms set out by Go Discover Abroad (Volunteering Travel Solutions Pvt. Ltd.) shall be legally binding upon you, your family, heirs, administrators, executors and legal representatives. In accepting this document & by applying for our programs, you are not relying upon any oral or written representations or statements made by us other than what is set forth in these Terms.
Go Discover Abroad will only deal with any disputes or charges in India and is governed by Indian Law. All copyright issues including others will only be dealt in Indian court of Law. All disputes and cases will be solved in New Delhi, India only.